To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfax, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
JLL • Fairfax, VA
Posted 10 days ago
The Safety Officer shall oversee and coordinate compliance with the physical environment and report all information to the Environment Safety Committee of FACILITY NAME. The Safety Officer shall assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Environmental Management Program (EMP).
To ensure the safety of patients, visitors, staff and physical property, the Safety Officer will be assigned overall responsibility for directing activities necessary throughout the facility to create a safe environment in which patient care is provided or supported.
The scope of the safety officer position is to manage the JLL Healthcare Integrated Facilities Management Program’s EMP. The EMP is designed to fully comply with the series of K-Tags developed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). CMS has deeming authority over the Joint Commission and other Accrediting Agencies.
- Authority to intervene whenever conditions exist that pose an immediate threat to life, health, or create a threat of damage to the equipment or building.
- Delegated authority to take any steps necessary to correct such situations utilizing any resource which may be appropriate. The resources may include consultation with appropriate departments or medical staff.
- Ensure compliance of all aspects of the Environment of Care Management Plans.
- Authority to expect complete cooperation with the development and implementation of the Environment of Care Management Plans from all hospital staff.
- Work in conjunction with the Governing Body, Medical Staff, and the Environment Safety Chairperson in a concerted effort to create a safe environment.
- Responsible for the coordination of reporting of compliance information, data, analysis, and improvements to the Environment Safety Committee at minimally every other month.
- Ensuring that each Environment of Care Management Plan is reviewed and reported on an annual basis to the Environment Safety Committee.
- The annual review and report shall evaluate each management plan’s objectives, scope, performance, and effectiveness.
- Results of the annual review shall be submitted in the next Quarterly Summary Report submitted.
- Summary Reports from the Environment Safety Committee shall then be submitted to the committees on a quarterly basis
- Manage the development of a healthcare-wide Environment Management Program (EMP), combining all the facets of environmental safety under one program.
- Oversees that each subcommittee establishes, maintains, implements, and evaluates an effective Environment of Care Management Plan.
- Oversees that the Emergency Management Committee establishes, maintains, and evaluates an effective Emergency Operations Plan.
- Manages and coordinates risk reduction activities in the physical environment. Including:
- Responsible for the monitoring, identification, collection, analysis, and collaboration of improvement of the physical environment.
- Ensure that there is an effective program and policies and procedures in place, including timely notification, response, reporting, and documentation.
- All product recall response shall be at minimal reported to the Environment Safety Committee.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and approval of applicable policies and procedures related to the Environmental Management Program (EMP).
- Policies and procedures will be reviewed per the requirements of the healthcare organization, but no less than every three years.
- Ensures all education materials related to the environment of care safety program are developed, maintained, and executed per local, state, and federal rules and regulations, or when silent per organization policy or procedure.
- Ensures all drills and exercises related to the Environmental Management Program are conducted per required frequencies and criteria.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science, or related subject
- Master's degree or a professional designation like OHST, ASP, or CSP is desirable
- Broad based knowledge of Environmental, Occupational Health, and Safety regulations
- A minimum of five years of experience working with EH&S compliance and management systems preferably within facility operations
- EH&S experience in bio-pharmaceutical, research or maintenance operations is highly desirable
- Success working with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication
- Basic computer skills with both word processing and database applications
- Ability to drive and inspect both outdoor and indoor areas to observe compliance with established programs
- Must be able to travel (20%- 30%
Other Duties as Assigned
- The safety officer will perform other duties as assigned related to the Environmental Management Program (EMP)
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.