Join our team at Acts Retirement-Life Communities! Acts has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Accounting, the Senior Accountant applies principals of accounting to analyze general ledger information, prepare journal entries for month end close, has knowledge in preparing intercompany entries, and supports the assigned communities as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare journal assigned entries for month end close.
- Perform bank reconciliations for the numerous investment, operating, and payroll bank accounts.
- Prepare, analyze, and record accrual and prepaid journal entries as needed for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Download monthly activity of companywide purchasing card and upload into the general ledger for month end close.
- Assist communities regarding budget variance and general accounting questions.
- Maintain up to date policies and procedures related to job functions.
- Record miscellaneous cash deposits for the month into the general ledger.
- Prepare and remit unclaimed property reports according to the various state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The critical skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in this position are normally acquired through the obtainment of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, and through progressive work experience of at least two to four years in general ledger accounting and month end close.
- Sensitive to deadlines
- Communication and interpersonal (must be able to work well in a team-oriented environment)
- Exceptional customer service, quick evaluation and decision making
- Can operate all office equipment (including telephone, computer, copier)
- Excellent written, verbal and grammatical skills within the English language
- Excellent computer software knowledge (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, & Lawson a plus)
Work efficiently with minimal supervision
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles