Full-Time, Day/Evening/Night Shift
Responsible for resident services and other duties as assigned. Duties may include personal care services, housekeeping, laundry, social-recreational activities, meal services, and other delegated and/or assigned tasks as needed for resident well-being. Reports to Director of Nursing, Executive Director, and/or designee.
- Adheres to and conveys to the following Primrose mission statement: Through the commitment of our investors and dedicated staff, our daily focus is to develop and maintain happy and healthy living environments and provide a "person-centered" care approach for our growing senior population.
- Receives report from the previous shift and gives report to next shift.
- Reviews assignments with designated supervisor (staff nurse and/or Director of Nursing).
- Reads the staff communication records and maintains familiarity with resident records as required.
- Assists with orientation of new staff to job responsibilities as needed.
- Assists with instrumental activities of daily living, ADL's, environmental orientation, and other care while encouraging self-care and independence.
- Assists with dining room set up, serving meals, and dining room and kitchen clean up.
- Provides services as indicated on resident service plans.
- Assists with laundry service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors, including housekeeping services for residents.
- Observes and reports appropriately any noted problems, concerns, and/or issues noted with resident apartments, the community or grounds.
- Observes changes in resident status, needs or preferences and communicates appropriately.
- Observes all work, safety and administrative rules. Comply with OSHA standard and regulations. Know the potential hazards of any chemicals used and the proper personal protective equipment required. Use personal protective equipment as directed by Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Document resident information as required.
- Avoids loss, breakage and waste of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, work, safety and other emergency situations.
- Assists with individual Resident and group social recreational activities as appropriate.
- Notifies nurse of resident status change as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may include: general cleaning of nurses' station, public restrooms, laundry rooms, hallways, kitchen, dining room, and storage rooms.
- Willingness to adhere to Primrose assisted living values in providing services.
- Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities adequately.
- Keeps all information confidential.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record/follows work schedule.
- Displays cleanliness, good grooming, personal appearance and follows dress requirements consistently.
- Organizes and utilizes time appropriately toward accomplishing assigned tasks; requires minimal supervision.
- Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
- Displays ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
- Interacts in professional manner with residents, public, and co-workers. Works cooperatively with management. Displays willingness to assist co-workers when situation requires.
- Ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), 30 lbs. regularly.
- Adequate and clear English speaking and writing ability; able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate quickly.
- Is free of non-treated communicable disease.
- CPR/First Aid certified per state regulations.
- Ability to work safely and to recognize potentially dangerous situations.
- Ability/willingness to follow all policies and procedures.
- Is neat, accurate, dependable and keeps work/space clean.
- Ability/willingness to work longer than eight (8) hour shift, to work holidays or overtime, to work seven (7) day schedule.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One-year experience in working with older adults preferred. CPR/First Aid certified per state regulations. Certification per state regulations.
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED required. Certification per state regulations. Attendance at mandatory monthly in-service training. Maintain CPR/First Aid certification per state regulations. Meet in-service training hours required for job classification and position.
PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY is an equal opportunity employer.
Moving Of Patients
Take Vital Sign
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1643/1199
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Primrose Retirement Communities was founded in 1989 based on the premise that a retirement community must reward its residents with value, comfort, security, and convenience.
View the full profile
Through the years, this philosophy has been enthusiastically welcomed in all communities where Primrose has been established. It has been our pleasure to create beautiful apartment homes and townhome villas complemented by outstanding internal commons areas such as libraries, movie theaters, fitness centers, ice cream parlors and pubs. From the beginning our company office has been in Aberdeen, South Dakota, a community known for its friendly, honest and hard-working people. Those are the characteristics that guide each Primrose Retirement Community.
Jim Thares, Primrose founder, emphasizes that the objective of each Primrose community is to provide a comfortable, convenient, secure and enjoyable environment for seniors. "We are in this business," he says, "to help seniors enjoy a healthy, happy lifestyle." Thus, the Primrose theme "This is living" represents the fulfillment of this philosophy.
Primrose is guided by this philosophy in all phases of its work, beginning with the architectural design of its communities, the use of eco-friendly construction materials, the location and staffing of each community, and the ongoing management and caretaking that are part of each Primrose.