$28.00 to $35.00 hourly
If you're looking to build your career in accounting, there's currently a Staff Accountant position through Robert Half that you may want to check out. The company offering this terrific contract / temporary opportunity is based in the Falls Church, VA region and provides rewards for hard work. The role will be set for a hybrid schedule (mix of in-office work days and remote work days).
The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. This position is very involved as it will produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. You will also be in charge of many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. In addition, you will be in charge of communicating with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, playing an active role in compliance, and looking over schedules for the reporting processes.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Create monthly statement analysis to be used for management reporting
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Play a role in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Be responsible for account reconciliations including prepaid expenses, payroll, and other assignments
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Carry out month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Manage capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Take part the in implementation and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures, ensuring compliance with GAAP
- 3 plus years of property accounting experience
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Proficiency in financial reporting
- Knowledge of month end closings
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant for more information.
- Asset Management
- Bank Reconciliation