To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jefferson City, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Fulfillment Center Area Manager
Scholastic • Jefferson City, MO
Posted 1 month ago
The Ops Manager's responsibilities involve supervision, product handling, maintenance,
continuous improvement activities, and performing other duties as assigned across all three shifts. The
operations manager will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work
within the organization and a favorable image of the company. Supervision
involves establishing and communicating department goals and results to
employees, staffing the department and delegating the workload, actively
supporting employee growth, and supervising the office operations and daily
- Ensure company policies and procedures are being consistently followed, counsel employees on performance and disciplinary issues.
- Monitor Kronos coding accuracy.
- Accountable for the Safety, Quality and Productivity of the area.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and appropriate training is in place to meet production requirements.
- Coordinate production requirements of WMS with the other areas - WHSE, Clubs, PKG and Returns.
- Ensure adequate inventory management practices are established and maintained within the department.
- Supervise 4 – 6 direct reports and approximately 50 – 100 non-exempt employees, depending upon season; encourage flex labor staffing.
- Develop and implement process improvements, enforce quality standards throughout the department.
- Support and enforce Company policies and safety practices.
- BA/BS degree in Management, Business, Transportation, or Operations related curriculum preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven front-line management experience in operations for a manufacturing or distribution company.
- Demonstrated capability to manage a high quality, efficient and cost-effective operations a must.
- Ability to motivate staff and handle a variety of personnel and technical issues on an ongoing basis.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Excellent communication and report development skills required.
- Must have the ability to motivate staff and handle a variety of both personnel and technical issues on an ongoing basis.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Excellent overall work record.
- Ability to handle and diffuse stressful situations.
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Previous AS400, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination. To view the full EOE policy, click here.