To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carthage, MO 64836
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Patient Access Representative
Mercy • Carthage, MO
Posted 1 month ago
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Patient Access Representative is often the first point of contact for our patients and therefore must represent Mercy with the highest standard of customer service, compassion and perform all duties in a manner consistent with our mission, values and Mercy service standards.
The Patient Access Representative will facilitate all components of the patients’ entrance in to any Mercy facility. This may include scheduling, registration, benefit verification, pre-certification and financial clearance including pre-visit collection. The Patient Access Representative will be responsible for ensuring that the most accurate patient data is obtained and populated in to the patient record. This co-worker must have an exceptional attention to detail and maintain knowledge and competence with insurance carriers, Medicare guidelines as well as federal, state and accreditation agencies.
Mercy Service -
- Greets every individual on the phone or in person with a smile and a warm, professional greeting.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers including our patients, visitors, co-workers, physicians, and insurance companies.
- Keeps all wait times to a minimum.
- Works effectively with other co-workers, clinical departments and clinics to accomplish work and departmental projects.
- Demonstrates positive and professional communication skills.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Respects at all times the confidentiality of patient records and uses complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Ensures all patient information is secured and all paperwork is disposed of in appropriate confidential trash receptacles.
- Ensures all out of pocket financial responsibility is documented on all encounters and communicated as appropriate.
- All out of pocket financial responsibility is requested prior to and/or at the time of service.
- Refers patients for financial assistance or to the Medicaid Eligibility team when appropriate.
- Accurately posts patient payments and balances cash drawer as per departmental policy.
Change Management -
- Demonstrates an open attitude toward change and participates in the change process.
- Handles variance in job duties, making necessary adaptations.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Ensures the highest level of accuracy and thoroughness of registration information including demographics and insurance information.
- Accurately identifies patient record using a minimum of two patient identifiers (name, DOB, SSN).
- Ensures that appointments are scheduled accurately and all required directions are communicated to the patient.
- Referrals are accurately completed including all required smart phrases.
- Follows all policies and procedures pertaining to insurance verification, eligibility, appropriate pre-certification requirements.
- Obtains all required data to meet various Health System standards and regulatory requirements (e.g. Joint Commission, Medicare Compliance, EMTALA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Obtains legal signatures on appropriate insurance, consent, and financial forms.
- Obtains all required clinical information including paper requisitions as needed.
Proficiency and Initiative -
- Demonstrates knowledge of the necessary computer applications.
- Knowledgeable of computer down time procedures, notifying all parties involved, and utilizing manual processes as appropriate.
- Participates in professional continuing education opportunities.
- Volunteers readily, actively seeks new knowledge and skills for personal and job development.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and commits to doing the best job possible.
- Meets established patient processing goals and revenue cycle goals.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Experience and Education Requirements:
1-3 years clerical experience preferred. Experience with medical terminology and insurance plans preferred. High School diploma required some college helpful.
Minimum skills, knowledge and ability requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, excellent telephone etiquette required.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with patients, physicians, clinical and non-clinical hospital staff and insurance companies.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work under stress, meet deadlines and perform all daily assignments with a high level of accuracy.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with various computers systems; Ability to use a 10-key calculator and computer keyboard.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Health-care Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.