Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards.
Job Location – West Plains, MO
DRS Land Systems is seeking to hire two Full Time Materials Planner I/II. The ideal candidates will be responsible for Material Planning functions per MRP plan. Requisition and Work Order Release / Management. Expedite of material through Supply Chain and Dock to Stock Process. Process of Non-Conformance Material Dispositions. Support Purchase and Manufacturing meetings with part status reports. Coordinate Spares orders through the facility to meet contract due dates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive consistent communications between planning, project accounting, and project management for consistent project
- Material EAC’s and Execution Charts
- Creates appropriate documentation to plan material deliveries and monitor the supply chain
- Consolidate demand for purchase requisitions
- Creates purchase requisitions based on the Master Production Schedule
- Create reports for distribution to program office, customer visits and management.
- Maintains manufacturing build plans on a daily basis
- Highlights critical parts and any issue, which may keep operations from meeting the MPS
- Coordinates engineering changes with purchasing and production. Ensures disposition of obsolete material
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Support production program meetings with material and wip status
- Process of discrepant material, engineerng changes and bom changes
- Support the safety programs in responsible plants
- Mangement of GFM per govenement property procedures
- Direct oversight of material handlers
- Based on the MPS driven demand, select and sequence available jobs to be run at specific workstations or machines
- Meet weekly with Contracts to review all pending and recently received demands and assign planner responsibility to the appropriate individual
- Manage overall workload and align resources as needed to maintain balance
- Associate's degree or higher and a minimum of 0 - 3 years equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of business processes and functional inter-relationships
- Strong Background in project material management
- Extensive experience in production planning
- Skilled in the use of Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, Power Point, Word, as well as Sharepoint
- Good understanding of MRP systems
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY
Material Requirements Planning