*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON AN EMPLOYEE BASIS ***NO C2C*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON-SITE ***
Our Client is expanding and currently seeks a
Senior Systems Administrator
For a 3-6 month "TEMP-to HIRE "opportunity!!
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Leverage your SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION experience
to help take your career with our Client to
the "Next Level" for 2020 and beyond!
Our Client is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator for an on-site position to become part of their Systems Administration team supporting daily operations.
Maintains operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
- 5+ years experience in a production data center environment.
- Understanding of data center power and cooling infrastructure components.
- Deep understanding of server components and repair.
- Ability to troubleshoot Dell and Cisco server hardware, opening support cases with vendors as needed and working with team resources.
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Basic understanding of the Linux command line interface.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of servers, storage and network equipment within the facility. Including receiving, racking, maintenance, and recycling.
- Work closely with operations teams and vendors to ensure all server, storage, and networking equipment is operating optimally.
- Coordinate and execute planned Change Controls during evening / after hours change windows for requests and planned maintenance.
- Coordinate and execute the replacement of failed components.
- Coordinate, communicate and supervise facility maintenance.
- Perform daily walkthrough of the facility to ensure no equipment error lights or inventory discrepancies.
- Ensure cable management meets department standards and enforce environment policies.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware or other network and physical connectivity problems.
- Act as the first responder for all technical and facility related issues within the data center.
- Participate in problem solving and process improvement actions related to data center operations.
- Work with team-members on high-level planning, design and documentation projects related to power, cooling, layer 1 networking and policies.
- Provide remote hands support on physical server, network and telecommunications equipment for multiple groups.
- Establish and maintain relationship with data center facility manager/team
- Contribute to the ESS IT knowledge base, documentation.
- Hardware Knowledge of : Cisco Routers / Switches Netapp.
- Enterprise Storage Systems.
- Enterprise Oracle Server Systems.
- Dell Servers.
- Structured Cabling Standards.
- Data Center Hardware installation and requirements consisting of Network , Server and Power Distribution Units.
- Enterprise Tools - Sitescan , Rackwise , Avocent KVM.
EMAIIL: URL blocked - click to apply
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Installations (Computer Systems)