True Value Company, one of the world's largest hardlines wholesalers with more than 4,400 independent retailers in over 60 countries, is looking for an experienced Human Resources Assistant
who is interested in working in an environment that encourages quality, decision making & team work. In this role you will provide HR and Payroll support within a high-volume, multi-shift, distribution operation in our Harvard, IL Regional Distribution Center (RDC).
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing support within all areas of human resources at the local level. Responsible for weekly payroll and time and attendance tracking for all non-exempt associates on the Harvard Campus. Responsible to take a role in recruitment including proactive non-exempt sourcing efforts inclusive of AAP outreach efforts and new hire orientation. Accountable for all HR related record keeping and documentation processes including compliance with requirements of FMLA/LOA, Workers Compensation and I-9 documentation. Serves as a primary HR contact for RDC associates for the purposes of answering questions and researching HR related issues and concerns. Partners and works effectively with the HR Representative and HR Business Partners.
- Responsible for running weekly payroll for non-exempt associates and maintaining time and attendance records in Kronos.
- Handles all personnel change transactions and maintain personnel files.
- Takes the lead role in recruitment including proactive non-exempt sourcing efforts inclusive of AAP outreach efforts. Ensures consistent utilization and management of candidates within People Fluent requisitions to ensure accurate reporting and applicant tracking. Schedules and conducts new hire orientation sessions.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with HR processes and regulatory requirements including I-9 documentation, FMLA/LOA and Worker’s Compensation. Maintains the facility’s OSHA log. Responsible to maintain master associate attendance records and provide periodic reports as required.
- Cross train to back up other HR related duties (i.e. payroll, processing expenses, etc.)
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years previous experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of HR operations, processes and best practices
- Computer skills, especially knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of state and federal regulatory requirements
- Prior experience running payroll for hourly associates
- Prior experience with an ATS and HRIS is desired
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to provide and receive feedback
- High professional standards regarding customer service, integrity, and confidentiality
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Perform Secretarial Duty