To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Documentation Specialist - Hybrid - Remote/Onsite
Maxim Healthcare Services • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Other Great Industries
Health Care, Professional Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Clinical Documentation Specialist reviews medical records while a patient is in the hospital, and identifies documentation needs in the medical record. They communicate, either verbally or in writing, with physicians to clarify documentation in the medical record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides CDI instruction to classes of nurses, CDI coding professionals, and other ancillary personnel.
- Coordinates types and numbers of reviews each day with the needs presented
- Reviews medical records concurrently (while patient is in the hospital), or retrospectively per client request
- Reports to the designated manager in the hospital
- Serves as an employee with all the requirements set forth by Company structure
- Meets clients’ minimum agreed review rates (generally no more than 25 new admissions and reviews combined per day)
- Facilitates communication among coders, physicians, and utilization nurses to identify documentation opportunities
- Teaches MDC methodology to the client, identifying CDI opportunities for documentation clarification
- Leads CDI-applicable presentations to Ancillary department (Physical Therapy, Nursing, Dietary, etc.)
- Coordinates classroom presentations
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Must hold at least one of the following certifications: CCS, RHIT, RHIA, RN, or MD certification
- Minimum of 24 months of CDI experience
- Must possess and utilize knowledge of the CDI review process, CDI strategies, compliant CDI query technique, and non-leading provider communication.
- Must be trained in ICD-10-CM/PCS and provide evidence of training.
- Must be willing and able to travel, or work remotely, based on assignment
- Must be willing and able to travel on-site as required by the client, based on assignment needs
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: 381095
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.