Octo Consulting Group
is seeking an experienced Management Consultant
with Enterprise Architecture subject matter expertise to support an Enterprise Information Management (EIM) program for a federal government agency. The task is two-fold: the primary objective is to organize the governance and architecture of the EIM solution, with a secondary objective to design and establish a broader EA program that can influence all solutions to adhere to the strategic plan and target state. The candidate will have the ability to shape policy, define organizational governance, and contribute to business and data architectures/frameworks to launch a program of enterprise data reuse.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to define, develop, and implement an architecture program and create, update, manage, and communicate architecture artifacts.
• Research, analyze and provide recommendations around current and emerging technologies; defining use cases and communicating potential benefits to the program.
• Define and maintain program IT standards around data and an EIM solution architecture.
• Create, document, update, communicate and maintain architecture processes to ensure consistent evaluation and support of governed solutions throughout the IT lifecycle.
• Provide recommendations on evolution of the EIM solution and supporting strategies to achieve it.
• Facilitate the development of business cases for future IT investments to mature enterprise IT.
• A minimum of 10+ years’ experience, in both CIO offices and with large-scale enterprise programs.
• Experience in strategic planning, including development of target architectures and transition roadmaps.
• Experience defining governance structures and leading/facilitating enterprise governance bodies.
• Experience in leading IPTs or other small teams of experts to define the problem and achieve a specific solution outcome.
• Technical writing skills to formally communicate decisions to executives.
• Working knowledge of CPIC or other investment proposal activities for a Federal CIO.
• Working knowledge of TOGAF.
• Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as Jira and Microsoft Project.
• Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
Location: Work shall be performed at the client site in Silver Spring, MD and remotely.
Enterprise Information Management