Westmed Medical Group is currently recruiting for a Licensed Practical Nurse for the urgent care department. The Licensed Practical Nurse works as part of a healthcare team by assisting in planning and implementing care interventions while promoting high quality patient care in a professional, efficient and safe manner. The Licensed Practical Nurse will also provide personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to patients. The Licensed Practical Nurse is expected to keep relevant knowledge up-to-date and apply it to everyday practice.
All nursing staff in our Urgent Care Center are assigned a “home base location” but are subject to be scheduled to rotate between all locations. Normal Urgent Care patient care hours are 8am to 9pm Monday through Friday and 9am to 5pm Saturdays and Sundays. The Urgent Care Center at Westmed is open 365 days a year. The standard weekday (Monday-Friday) work shifts begin at 7:45am and patients may sign in until 9pm to be seen. The standard weekend (Saturdays and Sundays) work shifts begin at 8:45am, patients may sign in until 5pm to be seen. Schedules are posted between 2 and 4 weeks of the beginning of the schedule. Each staff member is assigned to a team upon hiring which pre-determines the staff member’s weekend and holiday assignments but weekday assignment days may vary according to the needs of the department.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Introduces self to patient while escorting patient into the exam room.
- Prepares the patient for exams and procedures.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Administers medications including all types of injections, IV therapy as needed and within the scope of licensure.
- Provide basic patient care and treatments, such as but not limited to: dressing wounds, performing catheterizations or applying compresses.
- Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately.
- Cleans and prepare medical treatment rooms for patient visits.
- Assemble and use equipment appropriate to specific medical practice.
- Schedule follow-up appointments for patients as needed.
- Communicates delays effectively when necessary.
- Enters patient information into the computer accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manages the physician's desktop accurately and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides clerical support to patients such as but not limited to making appointments, booking procedures, obtaining pre-authorizations and answering telephones.
- Manages medical inventory and supply ordering based on par levels.
- Must work under the supervision of the physician or Registered Nurse.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Connecticut and New York
- 1 to 3 years work experience as a LPN preferred
- IV and/or phlebotomy skills preferred
- Completes competency skill checklist within first 3 months
- Flexibility in hours and ability to cover other departments and offices as needed is required
- Strong computer skills, EMR experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart" & “Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified