About the Position
RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
* We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
* We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded.
* We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Corporate Income Tax Consultant, you will assist our Clients with their U.S. Federal, State and Local income tax compliance requirements for the 2018 tax year. In this role, you will utilize your previous corporate income tax experience and/or public accounting experience to help Clients ensure project success.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS AT RGP
* Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point-of-view with clients and among colleagues
* A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues
* Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues
* Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
* A strong personal identification with RGP's values - loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
* Prepare separate company federal income tax returns
* Prepare book to tax adjustments
* Prepare and review tax packages information questionnaires submitted to the business controllers
* Provide overall support to the tax department during compliance season; duties may include:
* Preparation of Forms 5471, 8865, 8858 and other international support documentation
* State and Local Compliance
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* Masters in Accounting, Finance or Taxation is preferred
* CPA preferred, but not required
* 3-plus years of experience with income tax preparation, an emphasis on corporate income tax, in either a Fortune 500 company or a national/regional public accounting firm
* US Federal Income Tax and/or State and Local Tax background
* Able to creatively research, analyze, and conclude specifically assigned US tax issues with minimal supervision
* Able to work closely with groups within a corporate structure including finance, legal, operations, etc.
* Team-player attitude with a willingness to assist other accounting team members with tasks as needed
* Significant CorpTax and OneSource experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
- Business Process Improvement
- Corporate Tax
- Income Tax
- Self Motivation