Kearney is currently seeking a Senior Budget Specialist to join our CBP team. The Senior Budget Specialist will be responsible for reporting budget execution status, justifying funding requests, and answering inquiries from DHS and CBP, the Office of Management and Budget, the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), and Congress. Will also support the development of work products that often require quick turnaround and tailoring to suit Budget’s customers. and assisting with preparation of deliverables as assigned under the supervision of their Manager.
- Policy Support: Develop responses to congressional/DHS/GAO inquiries, talking points, and support research work products as requested (on-going)
- Executive Reporting: Support budget execution status updates (i.e., Budget Rollout Briefings, Reprogramming Briefings, OMB Justification, OMB Passback, Mid-Year Session Review, President’s Budget Brief, Congressional Justification, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Minimum 10 years of budget support experience
- Strong MS PowerPoint and Excel analytical skillset
- Key attention to detail
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to pass CBP Background Investigation
- Knowledge and understanding of federal budget environment
- Knowledge and understanding of user fees
- Knowledge and understanding of OMB MAX
- Cleared CBP Background
With a focus on the Federal Government, Kearney & Company provides financial services, including auditing, consulting, and technology services. Our commitment to our employees and clients as well as to dedication and trust, critical values to our Firm, have led to Kearney’s recognition as one of the leading accounting firms in the country. Based on our employees’ feedback, we are also consistently rated a Best Place to Work. Employment at Kearney means a flexible, collaborative, and open-minded work environment. We hope it is your “first easy decision.” Learn more at www.kearneyco.com/careers. EEO Notice
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws EEO Notice
Work location is subject to change based on client requirements.
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender; gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, age, disability or handicap, servicemember status, relationship or association with a protected veteran, and any other category protected by Federal, state, or local law. Click -933549643 to learn more.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call
or email 902293204 to learn more.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The EPPA prohibits most private employers from using lie detector tests either for pre-employment screening or during the course of employment. Kearney & Company adheres all provisions of the EPPA. Click -1556831245 to learn more.