Ag Processing Inc (AGP) is looking for an Accountant to join the team at our office in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa! This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and exposure to a variety of accounting functions at a processing facility. This position will prepare the successful candidate for future advancement opportunities within the company and a long-term career with a great organization!
• Daily review of various accounting activities
• Assisting in mid-month and month-end physical inventory of plant commodities
• Prepare accurate and timely production work papers for the accounting close
• Prepare journal entries
• Maintain assigned capital & expense project records
• Reconcile general ledger account balances
• Prepare & analyze financial statements and prepare various other financial information
• Assist with product invoicing, grain settlements, payroll and budgets
• Other duties as assigned
Ag Processing Inc (AGP) is a cooperative that processes, sells and transports soybeans, grains, and related products. Our company has become one of the largest soybean processing cooperatives in the world and our plants process soybeans that can be used in a variety of products such as animal feed, vegetable oil, and fuels. AGP values its employees by offering competitive pay and a benefit package that includes:
• 100% employer funded pension plan
• 401k retirement plan (Roth and Traditional options) with a company match
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Health savings account, medical and dependent care flex spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance & salary continuation
• Company paid life insurance
• Wellness program
• Tuition reimbursement
• Adoption assistance
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Ability to make sound business judgments in resolving generally understood and/or more complex accounting issues.
• Knowledge of computer software.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience in Oracle experience is preferred.
• Strong skills in planning, organizing, problem solving, decision making and attention to detail.
• Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Complex Problem Solving
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles