To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Garyville, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Chemical Technician I
Pace Analytical • Garyville, LA
Posted 2 days ago
The position of Chemical Technician I duties will include performing required analyses on samples, calculating batch adjustments and communicating these to production personnel, preparing and standardizing reagent solutions, inspecting all incoming and outgoing bulk shipments of finished products and raw materials and providing technical assistance and support to all plant operations. The shift for this role is a Dupont Shift. Candidates work 12 hours shifts alternating between 36 and 40 hour work weeks, which includes weekends. The first work week is day shift 4:45am to 5:15pm, the second work week is night shift 4:45pm to 5:15am.Responsibilities
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical and chemical separation techniques, and microscopy.
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Provide technical support and assistance to chemists and engineers
- Prepare chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas.
- Maintain, clean, and sterilize laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Write technical reports or prepare graphs and charts to document experimental results.
- Order and inventory materials to maintain supplies
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Biology or related field
- 0-2 years experience
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of the chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
- Basic knowledge of the aspects of chemicals manufacturing and how the process affects the environment, and safety of workers and consumers.