Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Sr. Manager, Data Engineering, you will lead a team of business intelligence developers and analysts who are at the forefront of a centralized reporting and analytics function supporting health and wellbeing products. This position will be responsible for developing and managing reporting and analytics tools and resources that have a global impact on customer experience, business operations and strategic enhancements. As a valued member of the Optum reporting and data management team, you may make recommendations to leadership based on your analysis and provide explanations of reporting results as needed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work closely with key functional leaders, reporting development teams and IT to develop and maintain a data management and reporting strategy for health and wellbeing products
- Lead team of business intelligence developers supporting strategy, day to day deliverables
- Prioritize and execute reporting improvements coordinated across multiple teams
- Data catalog of all reporting and analytics re-occurring reporting in central location
- Ensure all critical reports are accurate, regularly scheduled and correctly distributed according to an agreed-on reporting calendar
- Develop future state business reporting needed to manage the business effectively
- Understand complex concepts and situations, including the ability to link strategic direction to day-to-day tactical activities
- Successfully influence and drive outcomes without direct authority
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in reporting and analytics
- 5+ years of experience developing strategic relationships with matrix partners with proven success of influencing and partnering to drive enterprise outcomes
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role supporting report development and/or data architecture
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases & database structures (such as SQL or Oracle)
- 5+ years of experience developing in BI tools such as SAS, MicroStrategy and Data Visualization software (preferably Tableau)
- 1+ years of experience with DataBricks (Azure or AWS) and/or Snowflake
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent field
- Experience with healthcare data
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Experience in Aha! /CA Rally Agile tools
- Proficiency in writing/developing SQL queries
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.