To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Juan, PR
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Catering Manager - The Condado Plaza by Hilton
Hilton Hotels & Resorts • San Juan, PR
Posted 1 month ago
A Senior Catering Manager is Responsible for the developmentof market segment(s) and solicitation of new customer relationships whilemaintaining existing relationships with corporate and social accounts whileconsistently striving to maximize revenue and promote relationships througheffective negotiation of services, prices while assisting the Director in themanagement of the entire Catering Department.
Findendless ways to play in Puerto Rico. From the beach to the pools to theoutstanding amenities, we make it easy to do everything under the sun orabsolutely nothing at all.
Escapeto contemporary, chic rooms and suites offering every modern comfort and viewsunlike any in San Juan.
Perfectlypoised for discovery; a short walk from Condado, five-minutes from Old San Juanand minutes from the Convention Center and Luis Muñoz Marín InternationalAirport. If you're feeling adventurous, a 45-minute drive brings you to the ElYunque Rain Forest.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Catering Manager, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Responsible for representing thehotel through conducting conferences, making proposals and other external salespresentations to repeat and prospective customers to solicit, negotiate,coordinate all aspects of local catering business, including closing thebusiness.
- Daily meets with and entertainscustomers, conducts property tours, participates in tradeshows, industry andcommunity events to promote facilities and services and close deals. Has discretion and authority to negotiate contractswith customers and establish agreements with vendors.
- Manages all aspects of thecustomer relationship including drafting proposals and contracts responding tocustomer inquiries, as well as organizing all other arrangements as they relateto social and corporate events i.e.: set-up and execution of social andcorporate meetings, meals and special events.
- Provides details of meetingsand/or events logistics (BEO'S) to all affected departments and team membersresponsible for event execution.
- Provides guidance to CateringManagers to help ensure events are executed as planned.
- Creative design of menus andevents to maximize revenue and event experience.
- Prepares and presents cateringforecasts and reports as required by Director of Catering.
- Coordinates with Director ofCatering in formal planning for and execution of significant events at thehotel.
- Audits customer checks anddepartment charges and files to ensure accuracy.
- Supervises staff in creation anddistribution of accurate written materials.
- Ensures that contracts, menus,letters and reports are completed according to Hilton standards and policies.
- Re-book functions and follow-upwith customers by sending a thank you.
- Compiles Food and Beverage postevent report
- Any other tasks as assigned bythe General Manager
What are we looking for?
A Senior Catering Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!