In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
What We Have To Offer
- The opportunity to work as a member of a cohesive team that treats a variety of patients
- A community hospital where staff will feel like a family and collaborate exceptionally well with physicians and across departments
- 8- and 12-hour shift options; no on-call time required
- Financial support for specialty certifications and tuition assistance for advanced degrees
- Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
- Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
- Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
- Assess and manage patients with varying acuity and conditions, from minor to urgent, across all populations and age groups
- Provide stabilization and emergency care for patients to include special procedures such as triage, orthopedic splinting, cardiac pacing, cardioversion and defibrillation; eyes, ears, nose and throat procedures, wound repair, complex medication administration, cardio-respiratory resuscitation, gynecological and obstetrical procedures and management of psychiatric emergencies
- Administers, oversees and documents the administration of medications
- Prepares patient for discharge and assists with coordinating post discharge needs
- Demonstrates competent professional nursing practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth
- Provides health care education and guidance to patients and families
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
- Previous E. D. experience current within the last 2 years preferred, OR
- Critical care experience, current within the last 2 years preferred, OR
- New graduate or RNs without E.D. or Critical Care experience AND successful completion of the E.D. residency program.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within sixty days of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
- Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
- Completion of a NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) class is required at sites that do not provide labor and delivery services within twelve months of date of hire and must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification must be maintained as current thereafter.
- National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within six months of date of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within twelve months of date of hire.
- Certification(s) must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Certified Emergency Nurse (Cen)
Neonatal Resuscitation Programs
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support