Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Crude Volume Accountant based in Houston, TX.
Reporting to the Crude Volumes Supervisor, the Senior Crude Volume Accountant is responsible for actualizing and tracking crude oil volumes received from our production company and/or 3rd party customers, transported to market, placed in storage, and delivered to market.
The following are job duties expected of the Senior Crude Volume Accountant:
• Regularly work with a team of volume accountants to perform monthly volumetric allocations by analyzing lease, trucking, pipeline statements and other transporter reports.
• Reconcile transportation invoices to trading system, resolving discrepancies timely to process payment.
• Reconcile actualized volumes per our trading system with our revenue accounting group for equity and 3rd party lease purchases and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Accountable for contributing to monthly close
• Assist in customer disputes (pricing/volume)
• Create, enhance and maintain data for audit (Excel and Software based)
• Attend customer meetings with Originators, Operators and Management as needed
• Collaborate with project team, product control, revenue accounting and Operations to improve processes and provide reliable analysis.
• Provide support and assistance to the settlements team, lease operations, and revenue accounting to research and resolve prior period volumetric discrepancies.
• Analyze trading activity and explain variances between current month, prior month, and forecasts.
• Reconciliation of general ledger accounts for inventory and related costs
• Review and record monthly journal entries to the general ledger for commodity purchases, sales, transportation and fees for accruals and actualized activity.
• Assist in testing and analysis for new trade system enhancements (Allegro 8.0).
• Gather supporting documents and provide explanations for audit request for consolidated and stand-alone financial statements (as applicable).
• Document and update desk procedures for assigned tasks.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or economics
• Energy Marketing industry experience (8+ years, minimum of 3 years in Crude Oil)
• Some market knowledge of oil leases
• Experience working in a trading system, Allegro experience a plus.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner and establish effective working relationships with internal operations and external customers
• Team-oriented spirit who displays a willingness to help others
• Capacity to maintain an optimistic and positive attitude
• Motivated, self-directed and results-driven approach to work, also takes ownership of assigned tasks
• Ability to research and prepare analysis to respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely, professional and thorough manner
• Creative thinker who can identify processes for continuous process improvement opportunities
• Ability to anticipate issues and how they impact the team or other stakeholders, and act on them in advance
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt and manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
• Employ fundamental accounting skills: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations
• Strong working proficiency and knowledge in Excel, i.e. mining/manipulating data.
• Initiative to consistently meet internal and external deadlines
Overtime will be required during critical times
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status