To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3000 Getwell Road
Memphis, TN 38118
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse - Senior Care $8000 Recruitment Bonus
Delta Medical Center • Memphis, TN
Posted 11 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
Health Care, Nurse
- Must show flexibility to function in a multi-role position with responsibility for the supervision of the nursing care of behavioral health patients on his/her assigned unit.
- Has knowledge and skills related to the developmental stages of adults and the special needs of the geriatric population.
- Acts as working Charge Nurse, when assigned, and is responsible for assigning, directing, and evaluating the care delivered by other nursing staff members.
- Utilizes cultural, spiritual, and social groups and their relationship to the deliverance and acceptance of health care.
- Plans with the multidisciplinary team for meeting the patient’s education, physical, psychosocial, emotional, and safety needs through the identification of problems, utilizing knowledge and skills related to the developmental stages of adults and the special needs of the geriatric population.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees and assists in evaluating the skill/competency level of each employee.
- Ensures privacy and confidentiality to the patient; ensures the patient’s rights are respected and honored.
- Documents in the electronic medical record in a professional and grammatically correct manner.
- Uses hospital approved abbreviations; does not use any of the “do not use” abbreviations; contacts physician to clarify any order that includes any “do not use” abbreviation.
- Monitors and evaluates the administration of medications, treatments, and diet. Demonstrates knowledge of psychotropic medication effects and side-effects.
- Demonstrates understanding of psychiatric illnesses and interacts with patients in a therapeutic manner.
- Participates in the performance improvement process through identification of areas for improvement, assisting in data collection, and collaboration with staff members on conclusions, recommendations, and actions.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed and highly motivated.
- Participates in hospital programs designed to insure patient safety, i.e. fire drills, special duty, Harvey teams.
- Exhibits a desire to contribute to the long and short-range goals of the department and hospital.
- Maintains current knowledge of requirements, regulations and guidelines by reviewing literature, attending seminars, and/or participating in local, state, regional, and national organizations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate with patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers, and other department personnel in a professional, pleasant manner.
- Cares for the patient/family and other staff members of the healthcare team, utilizing a customer service approach.
- Demonstrates knowledge of HIPAA- including patient rights/privacy and confidentiality (e-mail, faxes, sharing codes).
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Zero Tollerance and Boundaries policy.
- Knowledge of cultural, spiritual, economic, and social groups and their relationship to the deliverance and acceptance of healthcare.
- Keeps clinical knowledge/skills current by reading literature, attending inservice training, and other conferences/seminars.
Job ID: c4d04bcbda064de4bc44fa038df48c29
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.