Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Human Resources Generalist!A Day In The Life Typically Includes
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below, but of equal importance, he or she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a \u201chands-on\u201d position that will work effectively with all departments in the plant. Maintaining accountability, a high level of responsibility and working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for the success of this position.
What You Will Need?
Willing to work in a fast pace environment Will maintain and improve company culture by, at times, facilitating principled based decision making with supervisors around disciplinary actions.
- Able to learn, understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Capable to ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company; Identify talent gaps (individually and organizationally) that are obstacles to superior results and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans.
- Knowledgeable in Identifying HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks.
- Qualified in Interpreting policies and practices; FMLA, NY State PFL, ADA, & Workers Compensation.
- Experienced in Investigating questions and/or complaints; resolving employee relations issues, and using each complaint/issue as opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- A strong driver of innovation in HR functions and processes.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, facilitation of selection, and leading orientations for onboarding
- Tasked with creating partnerships with managers and supervisors, while promoting positive employee relations with employees.
- An advocate for employee interests and perspectives by listening and identifying key issues, and facilitating open communication.
- Developing solutions to a variety of moderately complex employee related issues.
- Support transformation processes that involve skill building, training, leadership development and hourly performance management.
- Previous HR experience working in a non-union, manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Minimum of 3-5 years HR Generalist experience.
- Involvement in a changing work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic HR generalist functions, such as employee relations, training and development, Recruiting and Selection, HRIS, NY State employment laws, and policy administration required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to partner with managers and employees to positively impact business results.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Demonstrated accountability, critical thinking and responsibility for independent judgment and successful outcomes.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Having a PHR certification.
What Do We Have To Offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.
Guardian Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993