At Alliance Radiology, our team members focus on transforming the patient experience and delivering exceptional quality care. Alliance Radiology has rapidly grown over the past 30 years by providing radiology service line solutions, outpatient center management services, and mobile radiology solutions (Per Diem, PT, and FT MRI, PET/CT, CT).
Come Join Our Incredible Team Making An Incredible Difference! We are currently hiring a PRN (on call) Nuclear Technologist - PET/CT in Eureka, CA (Monday - Thursday back-up for sick or vacation)
At Alliance we offer a wide variety of career opportunities for professionals who are committed to enhancing the lives of their patients by delivering high-quality scans to ensure proper diagnosis. All of our Team Members recognize that delivering exceptional care is a top priority. As a Team Member, you will have the opportunity to work with an award-winning healthcare team, in modern facilities, using state-of-the art equipment and systems that have grown in the past 30 years! You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Compassionate and Caring
- Adaptable and Hard Working
- Responsive and Focused
- Independent Thinker and Worker
Our PET/CT Technologists
use exceptional communication skills to connect with patients, explain the procedure and put them at ease. With a caring attitude and keen attention to detail, they ensure patient comfort, safety and satisfaction every step of the way. They show their technical competence by effectively interpreting physician orders/instructions and selecting appropriate software options and imaging parameters to produce the highest-quality PET/CT images/studies possible—enabling physicians to diagnose with pinpoint accuracy and treat with confidence. And, because our techs work in a variety of environments—a freestanding outpatient center, a mobile coach, or a hospital-based/inpatient facility—their flexibility allows them to deliver the absolute best imaging care at any access point.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for patient safety including pre-screening for contraindications, aseptic injection technique, etc. and radiation safety/regulations, including proper documentation and technique when working with radioactive materials/patients.
- Produces high quality diagnostic images.
- Effectively communicates with customers and/or radiologists.
- Trains new technologists and/or PC's.
- Trouble-shoots the scanner, coach and peripheral equipment (including: monitors, PACS, coils, etc.).
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Certification in Nuclear Medicine by the NMTCB or ARRT (N) required.
- State license, as required.
- CPR certification required.
- As applicable, valid state driver’s license required.
- 1-2 years PET imaging experience or 1-2 years experience in Nuclear Medicine procedures and studies preferred.
- Local travel may be required.
- The employee may be exposed to radioactive isotopes, ionizing radiation, and a strong magnetic field. May be exposed to radiation, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
- More than 50% of the time:
- Sit, stand, walk.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- See, speak and hear to be able to communicate with patients.
- Less than 50% of the time:
- Stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Climb and balance.
- Carry and lift (ability to move non-ambulatory patients from a sitting or lying position for transfer or to exam).
A division of Alliance HealthCare Services, we are an equal opportunity employer and we believe in strength through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
PET, PET Technologist, nuclear medicine, NMTCB, ARRT, diagnostic, imaging, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, CNMT, nuc med, PET Tech, nuc med tech, positron emission tomography, positron emission, radiology, diagnostic scan, diagnostic scanning, PET scanner, PET scan, technologist, health care, healthcare