Do you want to be part of the world’s leading renewable energy consulting firm, committed to facilitating the energy transition and mitigating climate change?
Does being a part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team of experts delivering timely, actionable intelligence on renewable energy projects to support engaged customers appeal to you?
Do you want to help mitigate technical risks and maximize investment returns while to support transactions?
DNV GL - Energy is seeking a Project Manager with a strong solar technical background and practical experience with project financing for our M&A Advisory Services team. Join us!
In this role, you will be responsible for project management and technical advisory services in support of M&A transactions, focused primarily on solar projects. You will contribute to a high performing team, fostering collaboration, driving innovation, identifying opportunities for team growth, and delivering efficiencies.
DNV GL’s M&A Advisory Service team operates at the cutting edge of the industry providing independent engineering, technical due diligence, and advisory services primarily in support of mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and portfolio financing of development and operational renewable energy assets for diverse customers in the North American market. Services may also include projects or portfolios globally. Our technical work contributes to the efficient functioning of the equity markets which are increasingly driving renewable energy penetration in North America.
This position will be based in any DNV GL office in the continental United States; remote (home office) locations may be considered.
Tasks may include
- Think creatively and leverage experience and expertise to deliver customer-centric technical analysis supported by appropriate methodology for solar, wind, and storage projects, with scope including:
- Construction, operating contract, interconnection, and revenue contract review and support,
- Construction and operating cost estimation and considerations,
- Holistic project evaluation based on technology, design, contracting, and operating history,
- Site inspection and interviews (both on-site and virtual),
- Asset management approaches,
- Operating history review,
- Industry benchmarking and screening studies,
- Evaluation of technical risks as well as upside potential of renewable energy assets.
- Prioritizing QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe execution and healthy work environment.
- Overall project management and customer communication as the key point of contact for the execution of due diligence engagements.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology, and permitting teams).
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model reviews, and synthesis of inputs from technical disciplines into technical due diligence reports, as well as other technical analysis (e.g. technology review, energy assessment) within the candidate’s expertise.
- Discussing and resolving technical issues in partnership with transaction stakeholders, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists, as necessary.
- Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work, including creative tailoring and sequencing of work to meet budget and timeline requirements.
- Supporting customers through the financial closings of projects.
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts for the M&A team, including leading tool development, process refinement, internal training, and lessons learned activities.
Health, Safety and Environment and Quality
- Proven QHSE Mindset
- Adhere to the DNV GL system for quality management, including liaising with QHSE leadership on developing procedures, instructions, guidelines, and checklists in order to ensure quality of services produced in the Section.
- Ensure that project personnel are aware of the QHSE procedures and the importance of their contribution to the achievement of quality objectives.
- Identify and implement preventive and corrective actions in response to deviations, observations and nonconformities in consultation with the Head of Section.
- Follow-up on incidents, hazards and occupational health issues, including implementation of appropriate actions in consultation with the Head of Section.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, energy systems, environmental science, or closely related field from accredited four-year university. Advanced degree in engineering or business strongly preferred.
- 5+ years experience in the solar industry in North America, including exposure to solar project financing.
- Knowledge of renewable energy project lifecycle, including: solar project contracts (EPC, equipment procurement, IA, PPA, etc), economics (CAPEX and OPEX), asset management, general solar technology and performance issues, transmission/curtailment issues, BoP infrastructure, energy production assessment, and technical risks associated with solar projects (similar knowledge of wind projects is preferred).
- Leadership talent, strong team orientation, and the ability to collaborate, motivate and lead by way of example.
- Strong technical and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Commercial attitude, a strategic mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Commitment to customer centricity; ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse customers and co-workers.
- Flexibility and adaptability – issues and tasks may change quickly.
- Strong understanding of the North American solar energy market.
- Working knowledge of project finance fundamentals, as well as transaction mechanics and financial closing processes.
- Skilled in MS Office Suite.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to:
- Work at a standing or sitting desk for long periods of time; the majority of the work for this position will be performed at a desk in a normal office or home office environment with moderate noise levels.
- Perform repetitive tasks such as typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems.
- Work in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in office.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Able to inspect solar projects, including rooftop work, with appropriate gear preferred, but not essential.
- Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction or operations sites;
- Work in inclement weather conditions on occasion.
Regular domestic and international travel to customer offices and sites, other office locations, and conferences, up to 20% of the time.
Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Manager - Solar (Mergers & Acquisition Advisory)
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Mergers And Acquisitions