Job Description: Technology Analyst Program – Application Development
Fiserv's Technology Analyst Program – Application Development is an early career development program where candidates experience two one-year assignments in Application Development. Each assignment builds upon the other and together will provide a breadth of experience within Financial Tech and unique to you! We are looking for university graduates with drive, passion, and an evolving target for their careers. The best and brightest are the Firm’s future, a pipeline of top talent for positions in vital technology areas across the firm. Training curriculum, mentoring, on the job learning, and exposure to senior leadership will be offered during the program, with the opportunity to advance within the firm upon successful completion. Fiserv Analyst rotations will have two start dates: January 23, 2023 and June 26, 2023.
As a part of the Technology Analyst Program – Application Development, you will have the opportunity to code, program, test, and analyze application software. Support existing business systems applications or assist in the creation of new applications that benefit our vast client base. You will consult with business analysts to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions while designing and documenting moderately sophisticated technical requirements for business applications. Additionally, you will assist the team in designing and developing computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user-defined conditions.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic intern who is eager to learn about our company by assisting various departments. You will be working closely with our team to take part in the mainframe development, and mainframe modernization initiatives to build new applications as well as maintain the existing applications.
To be successful as an Intern, you should be willing to help with any tasks assigned by a supervisor. You will be involved in upcoming projects as well as assisting with current campaigns.
- Eager to learn and work on mainframe platform with an opportunity to learn the leading-edge technologies that can help with modernizing the mainframe applications
- Knowledge in basic programming principles
- Experience/knowledge in IBM mainframe concepts is an added advantage - MVS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, COBOL, HLASM
- Experience in building basic java applications is an added advantage
- Proficiency in DevOps tools as part of SDLC
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong analytical, troubleshooting and issue resolution skills.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Working on the latest mainframe as well as distributed technologies to modernize the existing applications under the guidance of application leads
- Take part in mainframe/distribution application development to support upcoming projects
- Research the existing applications to resolve the incidents raised for the existing applications as part of product maintenance
- Participate in collaborative meetings with IBM and other vendors to understand new technologies along with senior members in the team
- Improve as well as add new documentation for the applications as needed
Various Desired Technical Skills:
A range of college majors are considered based on specific needs of department such as: Computer Science, Network Engineering, Engineering, Software Development, but willing to train the right candidate.
Please Note: Our Technology Analyst Program interview process begins in October and typically lasts through March for a January or June 2022 start date. You can expect to hear from one of our recruiters if your qualifications align.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast! As it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services,” we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the eighth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
- .Net Framework
- Business Requirements
- Business Systems
- C Sharp (Programming Language)