To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lock Haven, PA 17745
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Operator II - Converting
First Quality Enterprises, Inc. • Lock Haven, PA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Process Operators - Converting
First Quality is a privately-held group of manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective field. The organization is run by hands-on owners with dynamic expansion plans to significantly increase the size of the business over the next few years. We are looking for Process Operators – Converting for our world class manufacturing facility in Lock Haven, PA.
As a process operator you will have responsibilities that include, equipment operation, troubleshooting equipment and process inefficiencies, process and quality defects, loading raw materials, quality checks and reporting, process improvment, meeting production goals and housekeeping. Process Operators will assist their team to ensure safety, quality, customer service, housekeeping, and records are maintained according to our high standards, as well as following necessary GMP, FDA and ISO regulations/guidelines.
- Process operator:
- Loading and unloading raw materials (parent rolls, poly rolls, corrugate, glue totes, pallets, etc..)
- Check each raw material and finished good tag for accuracy and scan it into the system for tracking and quality
- prepping rolls for web threading and slabbing residual waste from spent cores
- Maintaining a clean, safe work area at all times
- Continuously improve job skill depth and knowledge.
- Keeping up with raw material demands by monitoring levels and resupplying the line
- Learn and follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Properly operate machines efficiently responding to issues with a sense of urgency
- Taking initiative to continuously improve the manufacturing process and machine's effieincy
- Conduct product grade change overs
- Make adjustments to the machine and process via the HMI computer interface control panel
- Perform routine quality checks of the process and product and log results into the system
Constant standing during a 12-hour shift
Ability to work night shift, 7PM – 7AM
Occasional lifting/carrying boxes up to 50lbs.
Constant light grasping and occasional strong grasping
Constant repetitive use of foot and hand controls
Daily sweeping and organizing work areas
The ideal candidates should possess the following:
High school diploma or equivalent
Solid character and core values
Strong mathematical and mechanical skills
Ability to operate a forklift
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to work in a team orientated environment
Ability to operate computer equipment
First Quality Tissue offers competitive starting rates based on previous experience and education.
We also provide a safe, clean work environment with excellent wages and benefits including bonus and incentive programs, medical/dental benefits, 401(k) plan with company contribution, recognition programs, and education assistance opportunities.