We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Lead Applications Solution Architect to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Is primarily responsible for providing executive solution leadership for large federal Applications and Cloud Adoption capture efforts for Unisys. Solution leadership includes collaborating with business development, capture, delivery teams and customers to set solution strategy, to define optimal solution approaches that maximize win probability for Unisys capture efforts, leading teams (solution creation, effort hour estimation, bill of material estimation), optimizing cost efficiencies using design-to-cost principles, and ensure proposal responses are written and presented in such a way to score Blue technically while ensuring proposals are compliant.
The Lead Applications Solution Architect provides solution leadership for large, must win and strategic Application capture efforts to score blue or green while meeting cost competitiveness targets, thereby optimizing Unisys win probability. A Lead Applications Solution Architect uses their extensive experience in leading technical capture efforts, lessons learned from their successful track record and blends their passion for applying Next Generation technologies while appreciating where each customer is on their own digital journey to help Unisys win new business.
The Executive Architect judiciously blends people, process and technology to formulate business and technological solutions that position Unisys as a recognized leader for our Federal Clients. Also leads development of the detailed technical design and architecture for our largest opportunities. Engages with teaming partners and vendors to integrate their products and services into proposed solutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Is Unisys chief technical storyteller, presenting Unisys solutions and technical proposals in a compelling, artful and differentiated manner that resonates with technical evaluators resulting in blue technical scores
• Designs and integrates leading-edge, business-critical solutions for major, enterprise-wide solutions.
• Leads analyses-of-alternatives to drive critical decisions in a timely manner within the capture process while fostering a climate of ‘idea meritocracy’
• Provides architectural guidance to support the largest and most complex technical solutions, application integrations, cloud migration, enterprise information management, big data, analytic and packaged-based implementation projects.
• Ensures that all architectural artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards; provides final architectural review and approval for major solution artifacts and plans in such a way as to optimize Unisys technical and management scores
• Provides leadership and effectively communicates with all levels of management in areas related to solution architecture and future technical strategy.
• Identifies opportunities for asset reuse that reduces overall solution cost and development time.
• Collaborates with business development team to develop technical proposals and work estimates.
• Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with Unisys alliance partners, specialty product and service providers, third-party vendors. Leverages these relationships to the best advantage of Unisys in supporting client requirements.
• Works extensively throughout Unisys enterprise, engaging Commercial technology leadership to align federal, commercial capabilities, offerings and solutions, associated marketing, knowledge artifacts and proof points
• Presents technology or infrastructure-based papers to major conferences and publishes papers in professional journals and publications. Promotes Unisys and one's own capabilities by networking with peers in other companies and actively supporting professional organizations and user groups.
• Minimum of 20 years of relevant IT implementation experience. Master’s Degree, Ph.D or equivalent experience, including:
o Has a successful track record in providing technical leadership in federal new business pursuits (winning at least $100M new or recompete business in the past three years)
o In-depth understanding of application, cloud, middleware, data management and system architecture concepts; experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions.
o Experience in capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts verbally, graphically and in writing.
o Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
o Experience developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions and basis of estimates (BOEs), including BOM development. Also develop concept of operations and discuss these models in Agile, federal SDLC or ITIL based terms.
o Experience identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
o Extensive knowledge of the broad spectrum of technology areas, including technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
o Ability to consistently apply architectural guidelines when creating new solution architectures.
o Ability to develop integrated technology requirements project plan.
o Ability to interface with team members at all levels, including business operations, finance, technology, and management.
o Was primary author for a technical conference or White paper submission. (to be provided)
• Prior experience leading a portfolio of Application solutions. This includes experience leading the architectural design and development of application (custom and/or COTS), SOA, cloud adoption, applications modernization, application platform, big data (Hadoop, GIS, NoSQL, streaming (Storm, Spark), artificial intelligence, natural language processing, machine learning, data visualization), continuous integration/continuous delivery, Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), microservices, BPMS, BRE, case management, Enterprise Content Management, Web Content Management, containerized platforms, agile development, agile-at-scale, mobility for large Federal Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence clients.
• Has a successful track record in providing technical leadership in federal new logo pursuits, winning at least $50M new logo deals in the past three years
• Experience in planning and executing application transformation programs, cloud application migration projects, migrating/rebuilding mainframe applications
• Strong knowledge of agile, SAFe, DevOps and User Centered Design
• Knowledge of system engineering concepts applied to large projects.
• Experience with Enterprise Architecture and IT rationalization and standardization.
• Ability to conduct technical cost-benefit trade-off analysis.
• Ability to leverage current industry, technical knowledge, and entire enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge to support pre-sales activities.
• Ability to work cross-functionally and globally, including in a virtual proposal and delivery environment.
• Ability to develop and deliver technical presentations to multiple levels of internal stakeholders.
• Certification in AWS, Microsoft Azure or equivalent
• Experience in FEDSIM proposals
• Experience in integrating biometric platforms
• Agile/SAFe certifications.
• PMP certification.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Software As A Services
Agile Software Development
Platform As A Services
Systems Development Life Cycle