To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oklahoma City, OK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
General Acctg Manager
CompSource Mutual • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CompSource Mutual is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented professional for the position of General Accounting Manager. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures related to general accounting to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Pay Range: $70,000 - $85,000
Reports to: Controller
Supervisory Duties: Yes
- Reviews, analyzes and presents financial data, including revenue projections and expenditure reports.
- Prepares and reviews financial statements, reports of operations, expenditure reports, statistical data and other information concerning financial requirements; assists in gathering and reviewing data for preparation of the annual budget.
- Maintains and reviews various ledgers, journals, registers and other fiscal records; reviews classification of expenditures and posting to various accounts as required.
- Reviews and processes expense vouchers, invoices, and other fiscal documents for payment.
- Reconciles various financial reports and other data concerning fiscal operations.
- Reviews, analyzes, audits and interprets accounting information and reports, evaluates company operating results and performance against objectives and projections, and provides reports and results to internal or external auditors in accordance with company procedures.
- Advises executive management and company leadership of financial responsibility in regard to maintaining compliance with applicable regulations.
- Reviews and maintains accounting systems related to the general accounting function; proposes updates, additions and replacements of existing systems and participates in the sourcing and implementation of additional and replacement systems.
- Coordinates activities for general accounting staff related to the annual financial statement audit and periodic State Insurance Department examinations.
- Provides supervisory support for a team of accountants, including but not limited to writing and delivering performance evaluations, providing feedback to staff on an ongoing basis, delivering disciplinary action, as necessary, etc.
Education and Experience
- Current certification as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or closely related field required.
- Master's degree in accounting, finance or closely related field preferred.
- 6 years of experience in a professional level accounting role required.
- 2 years of the required experience must have been in a role leading a team of accountants, certified public accountants or closely related roles.
- Data gathering and analysis
- Problem solving
Salary is commensurate with experience within the range listed above. Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel.
CompSource Mutual offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Employees receive a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance, at a minimal cost to the employee. We also offer a Company Match 401(k) Plan for employees who elect to participate. CompSource is excited to offer personal time off (PTO), wellness leave, and parental leave as part of the paid time-off options.
An Equal Opportunity Employer