As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer has embarked on a transformative journey to modernize its data infrastructure. This transformation will Conifer to use data to drive key business decisions both at the tactical and strategic level. The role of the Lead Platform Engineer is to maintain our data and BI platforms so that our partners in analytics and operations can leverage our data platforms in the most effective and efficient manner.
This position will partner closely with our business partners to understand their data needs and then recommend best-in-class tools/platforms to address that need. The role will also maintain a catalog of tools and coordinate with vendors to explore, implement, upgrade, and retire platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Drive the vision and roadmap for Conifer data platforms.
- Partner with the BI and Data Science team to identify specific needs with respect to data and then recommend tools/platforms.
- Be actively involved in shaping Conifer’s data ecosystem.
- Partner with vendors to identify and explore best-in-class solutions that meet Conifer’s needs.
- Maintain platform and orchestrate upgrading and retiring of data platforms.
- Monitor license usage and estimate annual license requirement based on demand.
- Partner closely with Lead Data Architect to understand requirements and recommend solutions.
- Manage resolution of platform service tickets through ServiceNow.
- Lead a team of on-shore/off-shore Platform Engineers responsible for maintenance of existing platform.
- Identify and acquire new talent for building a strong platform engineering team.
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct Reports (titles) Platform Engineers
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working with multiple vendors, especially with respect to contract signing, amendments and termination
- Presentation skill for recommending platforms and how they would integrate with existing architecture
- Basic financial acumen to perform cost/benefit analysis (CapEx vs. OpEx cost impact)
- Prior experience and understanding of cloud-native and cloud-agnostic solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills- ability to communicate with all levels of customers, vendors, and IT resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college/university in a business or technology-related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 10+ years of experience maintaining data platforms needed for data ingestion, storage, modeling, pipeline management, data science/analytics, and visualization.
- 10+ years of experience in information technology
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
Job: Conifer Health Solutions
Primary Location: Frisco, Texas
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
- Commercial Awareness
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Science