To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD 20670
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
High Performance Computing Software Developer
Scientific Research Corp • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 18 days ago
Other Great Industries
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of software for a large-scale modeling and simulation (M&S) program using C++ in a Windows OS environment
• Analyze and provide actionable feedback on technical design decisions to shape development efforts
• Develop Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) and data mining algorithms
• Implement existing and new algorithms on various computational platforms, to include High Performance Computing (HPC) systems
• Understand purpose of AI/ML, data mining algorithms and systems, and how to evaluate their performance
• Understand and communicate how AI/ML algorithms and systems relate to mission need
• Research and develop advanced data mining capabilities
• Perform software maintenance on the HPC system
• May perform hardware maintenance on the HPC system
• Perform a variety of highly complicated tasks requiring innovative approaches and solutions
• Draw on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Work may involve giving briefings and capability demonstrations
• Work will be performed in a team of engineers
• Work will be performed in a classified space at Government site
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• 2-5 years of experience with C++ software development
• 2-5 years of experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) systems
• Strong background in programming Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), neural networks, and data mining
• Demonstrated proficiency in developing algorithms
• Cluster management experience
• HPC software maintenance experience
• Strong analytical and communication skills to clearly and concisely report status, findings, and recommendations
• Active DoD Secret Clearance required
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• HPC hardware maintenance experience
• Embedded software development experience
• Experience developing software in a team environment
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000458510606
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.