Distribution company in Fort Mill, SC is looking for a Transportation Analyst. This is an ASAP need, with potential to go permanent. Regular business hours. Pay $24-26/hour based on experience.
- Produce effective written and oral presentations of information designed to communicate clearly to audience or end user. Think strategically and analyze information to provide meaningful insight and input to deals. Think creatively and contribute to developing strategy and structuring of business. Facilitate the identification of logistics savings projects with division leaders and monitor their progress with Finance to validate.
- Responsible for extracting data from databases, obtaining additional information from other sources, establishing and maintaining physical files. Assuring information is accurate and performing analytical computations necessary to process data.
- The analyst will retrieve and analyze data, as well as build reports to ensure effective and efficient use of transportation resources. Track results of Strategic Projects, track, update and communicate Project Timelines.
- Analyze datasets in order to appropriately communicate all possible issues or trends. Build reports and queries aimed at developing and improving internal compliance processes and controls. Research current trends and methodology of transportation, distribution and merchant ship windows.
- Provide analysis and input to internal and external business partners to support business specifications and process improvements. Participating in and contributing to final decisions that have direct and moderate to significant impact on departmental, business-units, and/or company.
- Conducting moderately complex Logical-data modeling. Provides "what if" strategic analysis and network studies. Identifies emerging logistics technology, optimization and modeling tools, etc.
- Assist with any projects requested by the inbound transportation manager.
- Develop strategic and tactical performance metrics and publish at agreed intervals. Makes recommendations to improve process using process modeling, data flow analysis and benchmarked best practices. Perform fact based, data driven analysis, and modeling on significant amounts of data across the supply chain for the purpose of turning it into actionable information.
- 3+ years of analytical and/or transportation and logistics experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- High level working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Experience in data analysis, modeling, forecasting, or strategic planning
- Requires well rounded knowledge of inbound/outbound transportation activities
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work aggressively to complete projects on time
- Transportation experience is preferred
- Analytical background
- Ability to prepare and format management reports
- Data analysis and reporting experience
- Experience with modeling and/or optimizing tools
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting URL blocked - click to apply.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
•3+ years of analytical and/or transportation and logistics experience
•High level working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
•Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
•Experience in data analysis, modeling, forecasting, or strategic planning
•Requires well rounded knowledge of inbound/outbound transportation activities
•Strong self-motivation and the ability to work aggressively to complete projects on time
•Transportation experience is preferred
•Ability to prepare and format management reports
•Data analysis and reporting experience
•Experience with modeling and/or optimizing tools
Process Improvements (Business)