To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vidalia, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
GA-Shipping Clerk II
Tumi, Inc • Vidalia, GA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Since 1975, TUMI has been creating world-class business and travel essentials, designed to upgrade, uncomplicate, and beautify all aspects of life on the move. Blending flawless functionality with a spirit of ingenuity, we’re committed to empowering journeys as a lifelong partner to movers and makers in pursuit of their passions. Designed in America, for Global Citizens everywhere. The brand is sold globally in over 75 countries through more than 1,900 points of sale. For more about TUMI, visit www.TUMI.com .
Our standards are exceptional, and we stand by everything we do.
We treat our products, people and clientele with the total dedication they deserve.
When it comes to forward thinking, we are foremost.
We are all Global Citizens and look to contribute to a global community.
Each of us is empowered to create personal and collective progress.
Make sure that all orders are packed in a timely manner and that orders are picked correctly, if UPS make sure correct UPS labels goes on correct carton for shipment.
- Scan the order from the PO in SAP to generate labels for shipping and check for accuracy
- Pallets is brought to packing station by electric pallet jack operator or sometimes use hand jack to retrieve pallet to packing line
- Remove Delivery from pallet if not a multiple pallet order
- Using SAP, retrieve order in the system referencing delivery number
- Scan each item of the order (UPC label or Tumi Tracer Tag) using a hand-held scanner
- Using SAP, print packing slip and address labels
- If needed make smaller cartons for SLG or bulk packed units
- Attach packing list to the lead carton of a shipment
- Keep orders separated by UPS and by Truck line, if Truck line orders place orders on table for office, keeping all customers separated by PO and by Location
- If pallet is UPS it must run thru UPS at their packing station, if FED X or Truck order moved to proper location in warehouse by forklift operator, if needed checker may move with hand jack
- If UPS scan the HU, check zip code, check address label against delivery , check number of cartons against delivery, apply UPS labels to correct carton, once finished moved to UPS staging area. (Always reading to see if there are special instructions on delivery)
- Repeat Process after pallet completed, there should be 2 or 3 pallets at each packing station for checker to work on, and when one is completed it is then moved by forklift operator.
- Cross train in other areas as time permits
- Other Duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). Must be able to read, write and understand written English. Typing and computer skills are required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must be able to pay attention, listen carefully to instructions, follow instructions, capable of walking, capable of working under HOT conditions must be capable of wanting to work, taking assignments as they are given and willing to work overtime.
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- In addition to other competitive benefits
Tumi…..Perfecting the Journey