To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Manager, II ISD Resources
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide forward thinking industry perspective to plan, manage and implement the resource strategy (supply) to service the portfolio of ISD projects and initiatives (demand) and/or to successfully operate a service or group of services. The ISD Resource Manager is accountable for effectively balancing the mix of NFCU talent and partner talent to ensure appropriate work is done by the appropriate resources and for all components of the talent management process. Coordinates the day-to-day operations of a group of employees. Leading and directing is usually restricted to assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, directing efforts and providing technical guidance on more complex issues. Works closely with manager for guidance and supervision. Carries out resource plan and workforce strategy for services. Works with HR and external staffing vendors to ensure steady availability of high quality resources from vendors.
• Effectively manage a geographically dispersed team
• Ensures effective and efficient allocation of staff resources (supply) to service projects and initiatives (demand) by scoping out length and duration of projects
• Establish workforces by identifying the skills required to fulfill project portfolio needs and provide a steady availability of high quality resources
• Lead and coordinate availability and performance monitoring activities and execution of scheduled maintenance activities
• Ensure compliance with Navy Federal Credit Union ISD standards and best practices
• Initiate and prioritize multiple activities for assigned support area for completion of functions
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Ensure clear, concise and effective communication of material
• As a Resource Manager for the Data Center Management team, the candidate will be expected to understand and perform the following:
• Serve as the point of contact for resolution and coordination of Data Center Management activities across the entire ISD organization
• Ensure effective functioning of the Data Center Management processes across all support areas
• Record, prioritize, document and provide status updates on reported incidents and resolution timelines
• Notify, escalate and coordinate resources needed to resolve incidents
• Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities of local and remote staff
• Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
• Establish performance goals and priorities
• Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
• Develop, mentor and counsel staff
• Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
• Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
• Ensure efficiency of operations
• Leadership Level
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Experience in leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
• Experience in IT resource allocation and management
• Working knowledge of large-scale Information Technology (IT) organization
• Familiarity with development or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc
• Experience in project leadership and execution, including initiatives with technology, processes, cross-functional teams and external partner team members
• Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Effective exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Desired – Master’s degree in Information Technology
• Desired – Banking/financial industry standards and practices
• Desired – NFCU products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability