EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Lead Plant Operator
Client has contracted with EMCOR Facilities Services to manage, operate and maintain their tri-fuel (processed landfill gas, natural gas and #2 fuel oil) fired turbine co-generation plant which provides steam, electricity (34.5 KV and 5 KV), heating hot water and chilled water to campus. Redundant capacity is provided by a tri fuel boiler plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety conscious approach to work and complies with OSHA safety regulations.
- Stand a 12 hour seven day rotating shift (week on/week off)
- Interfaces with vendors and client in matters of plant equipment, repairs and test procedures.
- Utilizes the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for planned maintenance, unplanned maintenance and repairs.
- Assists with service work performed by vendor personnel and others.
- Maintains tool and equipment inventories.
- Monitors plant SCADA system to ensure efficient operation of plant equipment and to acquire data of plant performance measurement and reporting.
- Periodically checks installed equipment for proper operation.
- Develops knowledge and skills required to operate and maintain installed equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting, repair, and operation, of plant equipment.
- Performance of additional duties or projects as assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of plant operations and maintenance duties. Oversees and works with a Plant Operator to ensure all tasks required for the shift are accomplished.
Skills should include:
- Steam plant operations experience
- Turbine Generator operation knowledge preferred
- Centrifugal and/or Absorption Chiller operation
- Familiarity with plant Auxiliary equipment including:
- Gas compressors
- Air compressors
- Circulating pumps
- Heat exchangers
- Cooling towers
- Medium voltage switchgear
Must have a high school diploma at a minimum, college education preferred or equivalent comparable technical education, with five years of documented work related experience.
Must have strong troubleshooting skills, and a thorough understanding of installed machinery and equipment and the ability to recommend, and make necessary repairs.
Must be able to interpret system schematic diagrams, and be able to troubleshoot systems and equipment utilizing them.
Have ability to work in a power plant environment that includes; climbing stairs and ladders, walking long distances, standing, kneeling, and ability to lift 50 pounds.
Operate Plant Equipment
Repair Mechanical Equipment