Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is seeking a mid- to senior-level Climate Change Project Manager to work at our Sterling, VA office.
The selected candidate will manage research, analysis, technical, and outreach projects that reduce emissions of methane and other greenhouse gases (GHG) under existing contracts. Candidates should have expertise and experience on the policies, methods and/or approaches for measuring and mitigating GHG emissions from various industry sources. Candidates should have experience managing projects under federal government contracts, fostering and maintaining client relations, managing multi-disciplinary project teams, managing project budgets, and coordinating technical and financial aspects of projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging their management and technical experience to identify and lead projects under existing contracts, and pursuing new clients, contracts, and project opportunities. Ideal candidates will have some experience in business development activities, including identifying and developing project or service offerings, pitching new ideas and project concepts to clients, and turning ideas into full-scale projects.
- 5+ years of experience in government consulting with experience addressing climate change policies, programs, or methods for reducing GHG emissions from different industry sectors domestically or internationally.
- Previous experience managing and executing projects under contracts with government agencies, preferably the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Must demonstrate prior experience and skills managing and supporting government clients.
- Clear and effective communications skills; candidates may be asked to provide writing samples.
- Consistently strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow through required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, energy, and an enthusiastic collaborator.
- Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be fluent in English and able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to manage time well and work on multiple tasks as part of larger project teams.
- Must be self-motivated and able to take directions and work independently to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification is desirable. Candidate must be able to sit at a desk/computer and function in an office environment doing office-based tasks. Must have a reliable means of transportation to commute to Sterling, VA. Some domestic and international travel anticipated for 2-5 trips annually and typically 1-3 days maximum per trip.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Attention To Detail