This position is part of our team, which is responsible for developing robust and scalable services to enable cutting-edge applications. Our models are implemented in a micro service architecture designed to support a variety of internal and external user applications. We are looking for developers who are interested in both software engineering and computation, with skills and experience including:
- Object-oriented design patterns; languages including C#, C++ or Java; web frameworks like Microsoft MVC and angular.js; and relational and NoSQL databases.
- Quantitative and modeling skills with an ability to learn techniques in numerical optimization, data mining, simulation, or model calibration.
- Comfort with full stack software development, including computationally intense back-end development and service design, data storage and access models, enterprise level messaging patterns, and modern web development frameworks.
- Proclivity towards refactoring and continuously improving OO code through agile development methods.
- Testing skills including use of inversion of control, mocks, and stubs in unit testing and BDD testing frameworks like specflow and cucumber.
Although not required, a typical successful candidate may have been involved in
- Mathematical/quantitative competitions.
- Open source development projects.
- Advanced degrees in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or sciences.
- R&D experience at the collegiate or professional level.
Our technology stack is constantly evolving but currently includes .Net, ServiceStack, RabbitMQ, SQL-Server, ASP .Net MVC, angular.js, Memcached, Redis, various Amazon web services, unmanaged C code, Nvidia Cuda, and Python. We also use developer tools like Team City, Subversion, Specflow, Graylog, and Visual Studio. We have specialized design, database administration, devops, and IT infrastructure teams to allow software engineers to focus on software engineering.
C++ (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Amazon Web Services
C Sharp (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)