To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Honolulu, HI
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bilingual Japanese Night Manager- Hilton Hawaiian Village
Hilton Hotels & Resorts • Honolulu, HI
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwides ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brands reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
As a Bilingual Night Manager, you would be responsible for directing and overseeing all hotel operations during the graveyard to support the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Monitoring hotel staff in all departments to ensure that all procedures are followed as established by management. As necessary, coordinating and/or jointly working with departments to provide problem solving solutions in the most expeditious manner. Utilizing a computer system to access and input information. Performing activities involving lifting and/or moving heavy objects, walking/standing for long periods and working in undesirable conditions.
- Fielding guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listening and extending assistance needed to resolve problems that may arise. Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor. Remaining calm and alert especially during heavy Hotel activity, working rapidly and effectively under time pressure. making appropriate decisions to resolve conflicts in the absence of the Executive Office and supporting offices.
- Inspecting all physical aspects of the Hotel's appearance on a continual basis in accordance with standards established by hotel management. Inspections requiring, but not limited to, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing and kneeling. Immediately reporting all safety hazards or items in need of attention to appropriate departments.
- Immediately responding to Hotel emergencies in a calm and effective manner, consistent with the Hotel emergency procedure policy. Maintaining strong working knowledge of all Hotel emergency procedures, updates and emergency contacts. Responses could involve, but are not limited to running up/down 35 flights of stairs past and around obstacles.
- Handling noise complaints, credit problems, employee conflicts, guest relocation, and rejection of undesirable people in conjunction with hotel security force utilizing diplomacy and good judgment.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have three years work experience in guest services or front office with a minimum of one year in a supervisory role in hotel guest services. Must be able to verbally communicate in both English and Japanese language. Must be available to work the graveyard shift.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
Living the Values
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-team team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.