EMLabs is searching for a Mold/Asbestos Analyst in Southern San Francisco, CA.
Analyst responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Prepare and analyze aerobiological and environmental samples for fungi, lead, asbestos and bacteria.
- Accurately enters and reports analytical data using the LIMS
- Performs independent data reviews for other analysts' work
- Performs analysis of reference materials, proficiency samples and other quality control samples as needed
- Maintains client service and provides technical support as needed
- Assists the QA manager in development, implementation and data collection of QA processes for the different analytical tests
- Performs confirmation of lab results as needed by client services personnel
- Performs and completes all analytical testing QA related tasks as needed
- Assists in pursuing, receiving and maintaining necessary laboratory accreditations
- Maintains and updates all necessary Training and QA documents onsite as necessary
- Co-ordinates and manages projects according to their rush status and due time for timely delivery
- Assists co-workers on analytical questions, as necessary
- Participates in Lean initiatives and projects when called upon
- Follows company policies and procedures and ensures that coworkers are doing the same
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- 1-2 years of work laboratory experience involving both spore trap and direct exam analysis experience
- At least 3 years non-academic lab experience, 2 years of which MUST be with analysis of spore trap and direct exam
- Experience with LIMS system
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in biology, microbiology, or other related degree concentration
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Francisco, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a EM Lab employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofins.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.