As one of the largest tertiary facilities in the region, Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) offers the most advanced care available for all your surgical, medical, rehabilitative and emergency care needs. In addition to a highly qualified team of physicians, nurses and clinical staff, we offer the very latest in technology and diagnostic imaging capabilities. ORMC is a home to Central Florida's only Level One Trauma Center.
Orlando Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a Principle Clinical Laboratory Microbiologist to join our team. The Principle Clinical Laboratory Microbiologist is responsible for the technical operations of the specialty laboratory area and acts as an expert consultant for the medical staff.
- Must be ABMM Board certification or eligibility required
- PhD degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or Clinical Laboratory Science.
- Current license in the specialty(ies) required by the laboratory section in the state of Florida.
- Certified by a professional laboratory-certifying agency, i.e., ASCP renewed annually.
- Three (3) years of hospital lab experience in the area of expertise recommended.
- Provides technical leadership support for Microbiology, Molecular, and infectious disease related aspects in a multihospital healthcare system.
- Serves as a primary point of technical information for various committees, departments and projects such as Infection Control, Occupational Health, Risk Management, and Quality Improvement Councils.
- The Healthcare system laboratories conduct over 3 million tests annually. Must be experienced in the science of laboratory testing, laboratory safety, personnel management, infection control and epidemiology, public health, laboratory regulations, and clinical consultation regarding specimen collection and interpretation of results.
- Must be forward thinking, having proven leadership abilities, strong interpersonal and teaching skills, and excellent Laboratory analytic skills.
- Frequently interacts with the medical staff, pathologists and clinical personnel regarding clinical laboratory procedures and Infectious Disease testing.
- Must be knowledgeable of College American Pathologist Inspection standards.
- Guides laboratory medical technologists in addressing and collaborating with infection control leadership in structuring validations, implementing assays, and quality assurance
- Provides consultations to meet clinical expectations for specimen collection and transport, stained smear interpretation, the role of preliminary and final organism reports in disease diagnosis, the development of antibiograms to guide empirical therapy, and the application of antimicrobial susceptibility testing on the selection of directed therapy.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to incorporate advanced technologies into routine operations while simultaneously meeting Orlando Health strategic initiatives.
- Recommends test methodologies for highly complex testing.
- Reviews results and quality control data for accuracy and reliability.
- Directs the development of technical policies and procedures and plays an active role in the education of the technical staff and medical staff physicians.
- Encourages staff self-development and learning. Practices personnel management according to corporate Human Resources guidelines, policies and procedures including hiring, scheduling staff to meet work demands, counseling, and separation of employees.
- Ensures performance management program is implemented and maintained for the microbiology laboratory in a timely manner including orientation and training, evaluating competencies, and coaching plans, disciplinary action and maintaining current job descriptions.
- Assists with planning, developing, executing, and monitoring departmental operational goals.
- Performs routine and special laboratory testing following established policies and procedures to ensure the highest quality of laboratory results within established timeframes.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principle Clinical Laboratory Microbiologist to learn more about Orlando Health.