To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
201 South Warren Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
2019 Summer Retail Banking Intern - Syracuse
KeyBank • Syracuse, NY
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Retail Intern assists new and existing clients of the Bank with account transactions and uncovers opportunities that can help improve clients Financial Wellness. In addition, he/she acts as a resource in identifying and resolving client servicing issues. The Retail Intern is a part of the branch team and through conversations with the clients uncovers financial needs, communicates opportunities and transitions clients to the branch relationship management team.
Retail Intern Functions
- Welcome clients, build rapport and provide outstanding service while performing account transactions.
- Participate as an active member of the branch team, following the Branch Playbook.
- Accept and accurately process all financial service transactions
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing procedures
- Act as a resource to identify and resolve client servicing issues
Build Client Rapport
Provide excellent customer service to all KeyBank clients Greet and welcome every client as they enter the branch; acknowledge by name, if known Accurately process all financial service transactions Participate in client appreciation events
- Take ownership of client issues when possible, with the assistance of the branch management
- Help create and establish a business relationship between the Personal Banker and the client
- Review and maintain knowledge of product guides, fees and policies to stay current on offerings
- Provide answers and assistance for client questions/concerns, utilizing resources within the branch
- Coordinate time between Personal Banker and client for business meetings as necessary
Fulfill Client Needs
- Have a full understanding of Key’s Financial Wellness strategy
- Continue to build the client relationship by viewing client accounts when performing transactions and identifying potential needs
- Participate in branch huddles to better understand specific client needs
- Maintain relationships with Personal Bankers and Branch Managers and notify them of client sales opportunities
- Ensure more complex sales activities/opportunities are handed off to the Personal Banker
- Ensure compliance with security and audit procedures
- Complete all Program Checklist items by the conclusion of the summer
- Take the PSI assessment
-College student in their junior year pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred – all majors considered
- Relevant work or internship experience in sales, service or finance role
- Ability to learn quickly and take action in a fast-paced environment
- Effective sales skills (professional, assertive, confident, driven)
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- General understanding of PC with Windows based applications and calculator.
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings.
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged Standing (5- 8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Cash handling experience.
- Sales experience with established goals.
Operating: Keeps on point, plans and organizes, gets work done, uses time management skills; follows work processes and focuses; manages workload; organized; exhibits an openness of new ways of doing things and an adaptable, continuous improvement mindset; understands and applies Key’s risk management philosophy in day-to-day interactions
Energy/Drive: Action oriented; drives for results; pursues work with energy and focus; drives for completion; client relationship focused; acts with honor and character
Personal/Interpersonal: Open, receptive, accountable, and approachable; keeps promises, honors, commitments, and demonstrates open, honest communication; exhibits positive behavior
People Management: Understands the value of excellent client service and demonstrates a commitment to client satisfaction for internal and external clients while balancing organizational profitability; actively listens to internal/external client feedback and delivers appropriate solutions; embraces an inclusive team and diverse perspectives to reach best outcomes; escalates issues to manager when appropriate; apply judgment within established guidelines to resolve client issues and needs
Results: Dedicated to finding solutions, resolving problems, and fulfilling client needs; takes personal responsibility to see that every client is satisfied; proactively shares knowledge to help others develop and to improve the performance of the team; consistently exceeds and/or meets goals; bottom line oriented; pushes self and others for results
Technical and Functional: Exhibits the technical and functional skills to perform the job
In addition to the competencies specific to the Retail Intern role, all Key employees are expected to exhibit Key’s Leadership Behaviors (Accountability, Managerial Courage, Drive for Results, Lead Change, Client Focus, Effective Collaboration, Develop Self, Staff and Others, Business Acumen, Manage Vision and Purpose) as outlined in Key’s HR Online system.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.