To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Albuquerque, NM
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Peer Support Specialists - Albuquerque and Espanola, NM
UnitedHealth Group • Albuquerque, NM
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 14 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
The Peer Support Specialist is responsible for working directly with consumers and families upon request, recruiting consumers and families for initiatives, supporting existing consumer initiatives, supporting the grievance process, engaging in quality initiatives; collaborating with Care Managers, providers, and community agencies to support consumer access to needed services; designing and scheduling orientation; creating and implementing a comprehensive ongoing training program with, by and for consumers, families, consumer and family organizations, providers and staff; implementing specific projects at the direction of the Recovery / Resiliency Manager and creating and maintaining communication with consumers, youth, families, consumer and family run organizations and providers.
For more information about the Peer Support Specialist requirements, per the State of New Mexico, please visit this address: http://newmexico.networkofcare.org/mh/content.aspx?cid=6509
- Uses his / her own recovery experience and training to assist families and consumers with defining their recovery goals, and developing the skills and knowledge needed for the consumer's recovery.
- Support the creation of and assist with the implementation of a comprehensive training and education program with peers, families, providers and staff.
- Assist consumers who are dealing with the most complex and difficult issues, including homelessness, trauma, physical health issues, etc.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with existing consumer and family organizations.
- Effectively communicate plan information to consumers and consumer operated organizations and with families and family organizations as well as consumer and family rights and responsibilities, in addition to a wide array of other topics including clinical policies, analysis of data and program evaluation.
- Identify and outreach to community and leaders of ethnic minority groups to identify and develop programs that are both culturally competent and also use recovery and resiliency.
- As directed, serve as a designated member of internal committees and subcommittees.
- As requested, provide support to family members in making needed appointments.
- Work with the Clinical Program Director, Clinical Director and the clinical team to implement care coordination when requested, which may include peer support as well as other community-based services designed to stabilize the consumer's condition.
- Be available to provide direct support to family members of consumers being discharged from 24 - hour care, coordinate peer coaching if available and / or to refer them to a support group.
- Assist and support consumers and family members with grievance processes.
- Collaborate with Care Managers, providers, and community agencies and organizations to facilitate access to and transition between services.
- Collaborate with Care Managers, providers, and community agencies and organizations to identify consumers and family members of consumers who may benefit from peer support. Participate in treatment planning with consumers and families who request that support.
- Respond to concerns and questions from consumers and families.
- If requested, provide information and assistance to consumers who have received a Notice of Action.
- Work with community agencies along with and / or on behalf of consumers and families.
- Provide feedback about treatment planning development based on their interactions with other consumers and families.
- Advocate on behalf of the consumers and families.
- Provide or coordinate the provision of peer support to consumers and family members at critical points in their treatment process.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to facilitate training events
- Demonstrated and / or applied understanding of the principles of recovery and resiliency (i.e. concept of recovery plans, the 12 step model)
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Currently a Certified Peer Specialist or the ability to complete training program within 1 year of employment
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time within the state where the position is located
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Ability to perform all of the outlined duties within the job description
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Optum, peer, support, specialist, Albuquerque, Espanola, New Mexico, NM