To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Associate Financial Analyst
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Ann Arbor, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Logistics done differently.
Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, XPO Logistics is among the most admired companies in the world according to Fortune Magazine. We believe that positive financial results are what fuel our growth and keep us at the top of our industry. As an Associate Financial Analyst, you will use your skills and experience to guide us on the road to success through daily performance reporting, key account analyses and actively participating in the month end close process. This is an opportunity for you to build a career you can be proud of, while positively affecting XPO’s future.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reporting of Company performance against key performance indicators (e.g., Daily System Performance, Snapshot Report, Financial & Statistical Reporting Package)
- Analyze reports to ensure accuracy and completion before distribution to senior leadership
- Calculate amounts of entries to be booked, including coordinating with business process owners to determine accrual amounts
- Post journal entries in the general ledger (Oracle); run reports from Oracle and various sub-ledger systems
- Report on financial and statistical data for executive management
- Administrative functions over certain operating systems (e.g., carrier management system, cargo claims, expense reporting, etc.)
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Associates degree (preferably with planned progress towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance)
- 1-2 years of experience in finance or accounting
- High Proficiency in Excel required. Experience and mastery in creating and managing complex Excel spreadsheets and formulas (conditional calculations, pivot tables, statistical applications).
- High Proficiency in PowerPoint and Word is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal direct supervision and in a team environment
- Follows direction, is engaged and productive and is flexible and adaptable to changing conditions and expectations
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Functional knowledge of MS Access
- Less-than-Truckload (LTL) experience
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.