Pension Services Manager (IRA/Keogh)
New York, NY - Chelsea
The Pension Services Manager will oversee the day-to-day supervision and processing of all bank Individual Retirement Arrangement (IRAs) and Keogh pension plan account activity. This includes, but is not limited to management and oversight of department staff processing automatic distribution set-ups, trustee transfers, distributions, death benefit withdrawals, beneficiary set-ups, waivers, government reporting, branch and customer support. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with governmental regulations and related customer reporting, communications and mailings.
- Efficient operation of the department in a manner consistent with bank policy and related regulations and laws.
- Working side by side with the department's staff to review daily work for processed transactions, ensuring accurate and timely government reporting (1099Rs, 5498s, statements), reviewing special/problem transactions, reviewing ACH and deceased processing, and managing periodic mailings of other essential Pension forms.
- Working with staff to maintain and update bank pension documents/forms, support new bank software updates as it relates to pension products and services, support bank staff through the help desk for transaction processing, governmental requirements and training
- Communicating information on changes and updates related to pension accounts to bank personnel, provide support to customers when required, and support Human Resources/Payroll with related HSA transactions.
- In addition to management of the department, must also process all pension services work together with the department staff, when needed.
- Bachelor degree and 5+ years of experience in Pension management.
- Thorough knowledge of bank policies, procedures, products and services, retirement account plan types, and functions as well as a strong background regarding all relevant laws and regulations.
- Must be able to act independently and show sound judgment in problem resolution and make decisions based upon the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills are essential to ensure effective communication both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s internal systems with emphasis on Miser and Excel.
- Must be able to learn new things quickly and be able to teach others.
- Must be able to critically analyze processes within the department and bank and make recommendations for improvement to management.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Provide Actionable Feedback