H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller is seeking an Engineering new grad to join our Engineering Adhesives Global Business Unit. This is a great opportunity to begin a career in the chemical/adhesive industry, train with other new grad Engineers and be mentored by our experienced Engineer team.
The role is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data for North America Engineering Adhesives (EA) Operations. This position will make recommendations and support improvements in the processes, technologies, safety, quality, productivity and customer satisfaction within the EA manufacturing facilities in North America. Expectations for the role include:
* Develop systems for robust process data collection and visualization
* Collaborate with operational teams to improve systems to report key operational performance data (production rates, yields, uptime, unit cost, etc.) while using the data the help guide areas of improvement
* Supporting and/or identifying opportunities to both standardize and optimize manufacturing protocols in operations
* Conduct routine and innovative engineering calculations and analyses in support of adhesives manufacturing and process development. Routinely calculates financial impact of process alternatives and presents recommendations to management
* Lead continuous improvement projects to improve productivity, quality, run-time, process capability, and unit costs.
* Ability to lead or participate in Capital Expenditure projects. Project management experience preferred
* Travel to manufacturing sites in support of continuous improvement projects
* Ensure proper design / safety reviews are conducted and proper management of change procedures are followed for new and existing processes
* Currently completing a Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. Ideally seeking December 2022 or May 2023 grads.
* Fundamental understanding of plant processes through education and internships/work experience
* Experience with data collection, manipulation and visualization
* High level of computer competence, e.g. office, google, python, SQL/OBDC
* Demonstrated communication skills
* Demonstrated success in individual and team-based challenges
* Preferred - have completed one engineering internship in a manufacturing environment
Location of the position can be flexible. Must be located at one of our EA Manufacturing sites preferably in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota.
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Satisfaction
- Data Collection