Monitors account activity in near real-time environment to take action to minimize Bank fraud losses.
Education and Experience Required:
- Review transaction data from the real-time fraud detection system and other reporting sources and complete additional research in various internal and external systems to identify potentially fraudulent transactions.
- Place appropriate holds on accounts identified as having potentially fraudulent issues, document action taken and track status through resolution to provide a record of activity and support identification of trends or consistent issues.
- Contact customers by phone, mail and email to verify transactions and resolve fraud-related account issues.
- Serve as Fraud Subject Matter Expert and communicate with customers, merchants, financial institutions, law enforcement and Bank personnel on a professional level to resolve potential fraud-related issues and provide information.
- Ensure activities comply with applicable laws and regulations impacting card fraud detection activities to protect Company and customer interests.
- Communicate with customers, merchants and Visa personnel to authenticate customers and provide verbal authorizations or respond to fraud in progress.
- Remain current on counterfeit and other fraud trends impacting the Bank’s portfolios. Recommend changes to fraud detection system parameters to higher management to optimize fraud detection while minimizing negative customer impact.
- Acquire and maintain ability to rapidly navigate multiple mainframe systems to locate information and complete account maintenance activities.
- Use specified software applications to manage and share information within the department as appropriate.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 2 years’ higher education or related work experience
Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent word processing, database and spreadsheet software packages
Experience with the Windows operating system
Experience communicating effectively with all levels of personnel
Experience making decisions quickly and accurately as well as handling multiple tasks simultaneously
Displayed ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to work holidays and be flexible in terms of work scheduling
Education and Experience Preferred:
Experience or coursework in a financial crime or law enforcement related field
Customer service experience in a specialist or supervisory role
Experience working in a team environment, with proven track record of successful interactions
Proven analytical skillsLocation
Amherst, New York, United States of America