The Judge Group is currently seeking an Emergency Department RN in the Philadelphia, PA area. This position will work straight nights or day/night rotations. If interested, please send your resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Emergency Department RN
for immediate consideration.
Type: Full-time contract
Length: 13-weeks with probable extensions
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Compensation: Competitive and dependent on experience
This job will have the following responsibilities: Contact:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Follows the nursing process to deliver safe, compassionate, and culturally effective care.
- Gathers and recognizes/synthesizes assessment data to determine the patient/family plan of care, pertinent data to be shared with care team, and tasks to be delegated.
- Recognizes and/or seeks resources to recognize clinical changes that are indicative of patient deterioration; utilizes the CAT team when appropriate.
- Collaborates with the patient, family and multidisciplinary team to coordinate all facets of patient care.
- Care is coordinated across the continuum – understands and utilizes case management resources.
- Recognizes and addresses situations which present ethical dilemmas and/or moral distress. Takes steps to actively address the situation. Seeks resources as needed to resolve the situation.
- Demonstrates competence in teaching patients/families and progresses to an expert educator of patients/families.
- Evaluates and documents the care provided on each assigned shift.
- Accountable for the rapid adoption and implementation of clinical practice changes into own practice.
- Documents the evaluation of nursing interventions and outcomes of nursing care utilizing hospital standards, policies and procedures.
- Consistently follows safe hand-off practices as defined in patient care standards and procedures.
- Incorporates evidence based practice into direct clinical care in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Develops and implements effective partnerships with members of the ancillary staff; delegates tasks effectively to assure comprehensive nursing care is provided.
- Develops and sustains professional, well- boundary, therapeutic relationships with patients and families in which all actions are in the best interest of the patient and family and there is no personal gain at the patient/families expense.
- Expands clinical judgment and critical thinking skills with increased experience
- Demonstrates healthcare informatics competency to manage patient care, outcome data, and current and emerging healthcare technology.
- Valid PA RN License
- BLS and PALS cert required
- At least 12 months of current/recent RN experience in the specialty
- Must have Pediatrics experience
- BSN preferred but not required
Nick Opalkowski | Healthcare Recruiter | The Judge Group
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Emergency Department RN
- Basic Life Support
- Case Management
- Clinical Practices
- Clinical Works
- Critical Thinking