***state & local proposal writing is preferred***
Are you a Proposal Writer who enjoys the challenge of writing proposals with a collaborative team? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established company that values enthusiasm and technical contributions? Maximus has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Manager, Proposal Writing position within the U.S. Services Business Development Proposals Group.
This is a “hands on” proposal writing role and you will work with the Proposal Manager, Business Development and Operations to plan and deliver major Health & Human Services proposals to a wide range of Government clients at locations throughout the U.S. This position is a highly visible role that works closely with senior leadership, capture personnel, and operations management to write, edit, review, and produce winning proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write responses to Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information, and other federal, state or international government requests.
- Create compliant, compelling responses for assigned proposal sections/topics and create associated graphics, charts, tables, appendices and other information in support of proposal development.
- Serve as co-capture on individual proposal development efforts to lead the writing team and work with capture and business development teams to ensure compliant, on-time submission.
- Review and edit proposal responses for consistency, compliance, win theme incorporation, solution accuracy, and other elements during regular and core team review cycles in order to create the final proposal submission.
- Research relevant corporate, project, client and industry statistics and data in support of creating proposal responses for all MAXIMUS lines of business, segments and international entities.
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in- depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
Job Description Summary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the proposal team to provide publication layout, design and support services, as well as writing and editing services for Maximus Proposal Operations.
- Manage the development and production of proposals and oral presentations to include proposal teams.
- Prepare and manage proposal production schedule, to include coordinating final production, word processing, graphics and copy services personnel.
- Analyze government solicitations, identify response requirements and prepare unique, tailored and detailed proposal response outlines, templates and compliance matrices in compliance with government agency requirements.
- Prepare the proposal schedule, set up/ lead conference calls and meetings, plan and coordinate required resources for writing and development.
- Lead effective, results driven, kick-off, status, strategy and review meetings in coordination with the business development team.
- Help develop and implement strategic proposal win themes and discriminators.
- Use automated proposal collaboration and document management tools, including Sharepoint.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7-10 years experience.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Proposal Writer Sr Manager
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation shall be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation.
-336207014[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Proposal Writer Sr Manager-435771476
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to apply to Proposal Writer Sr Manager
Click here to get started.
- Business Development
- Document Management Systems
- Financial Management