Grady Health System offers many career paths for your professional growth. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding position at Grady! SUMMARY
The Nursing Support Technician (NST), under the supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse, and/or the Physician, provides age-appropriate, culturally and ethnically sensitive care, maintains a safe environment, collects information, communicates effectively, and utilizes technology. Provides personal care of selected patients, assists with activities of daily living, provides comfort measures and nourishments, and performs selected tasks and therapies as delegated by a licensed professional. The NST primarily functions in the inpatient settings. The role of the NST also includes patient advocacy, teaching, and performance improvement. In addition, the NST roles include performing both basic and advance skills and task as determined by competency validation. NSTs may be cross-trained to serve as a patient safety monitor and/or unit clerk. QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
One of the following-
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Current Georgia Nursing Assistant Certification
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Patient Care Technician (PCT) Program
- Completion of a Basic Nursing Fundamental Course as evidence on official transcript from an accredited School of Nursing.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Basic Life Support
- Patient Care Technician
- Patient Safety
- Patient Advocacy