To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hattiesburg, MS 39401
- Maximus, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technician 3 - Help Desk
Maximus, Inc. • Hattiesburg, MS
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Technician 3 - Help Desk
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS's founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Technician 3 - Help Desk position is responsible for responding to telephone calls, email, tickets, and personnel requests for technical support.
* Identify, research, and resolves technical problems
* Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution within established SLA's
* Assist in tracking and completing help desk tickets pertaining to application, networking, and systems problems and
* Promote a high level of customer satisfaction through proper communication techniques, and respond with the
appropriate amount of urgency to user problems
* Correct application issues, solve network and security problems, and resolve common PC software and hardware
* Provide hardware support of PCs, Laptops, Servers, and Network devices, such as installing replacement hardware or
* Support Software/Hardware on equipment such as, Scanners, Copiers, Printers, Monitors and other peripherals, Virtual
Desktops/VMware, Workstations, Servers, Active Directory, Automated imaging solutions, PowerShell Scripting
* Provide support for Windows 7 and Windows 10 by evaluating and troubleshooting issues including running in- depth
* Assign user-name, password and access right permissions for multiple proprietary applications, as well as client
* Work with other IT departments and vendors to resolve technical issues beyond the scope of the Sr. Tech position.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
* High school diploma or GED required
* Associate degree is preferred
* Minimum 4 years of related work experience required
* Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
* Computer literate and familiar with desktop support procedures
* Knowledge of systems software sufficient to determine if a malfunction is in the hardware or in the software
* Ability to install and deploy Windows based computers
* Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint,
VMware, Active Directory, Automation scripting/IBM Bigfix/Altiris, automation of MS patching for desktops
* Knowledge of Internet Explorer software usage and configuration
* Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
* Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
* Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds required
* Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
- High School Diploma with 2-4 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Communicates more complex information, using job experience to anticipate and proactively address related questions.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.