Westover Job Corps Center, located in Chicopee, MA provides youth, ages 16 - 24, the academic, technical training, employability and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers. This is an opportunity to make a social impact!
FREE BENEFITS FOR 32 HOURS OF WORK!!
The following benefits are included with this position:
- FREE medical, vision, dental, short-term and long-term disability for the employee
- 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contributions
- 40 Hours Vacation after 90 days
- 11 paid Holidays
- Company-paid Life insurance and AD&D Policy
- Pays $15.00 per hour
- Open year round (no summer shutdown!)
- Evening Hours (No later than 8 PM)
Reports to the food services supervisor. Responsible for assisting in preparing and serving food in the cafeteria and accomplishing clean‑up functions in accordance with government and management directives.
- Keep serving counters stocked with salads, desserts and other foods.
- Replenish napkin dispensers, plate racks, silverware racks, salt and pepper shakers and condiments.
- Make coffee, tea, and other beverages.
- Set up cafeteria lines and serve meals on the line.
- Assist in the storage and inventory of supplies; transfer food ingredients from storage area to cooking area.
- Clean food service area, tables, kitchen equipment, and appliances.
- Assist in washing dishes/utensils; store in orderly fashion.
- Provide direct supervision and serve as work place mentor to students assigned to center support and/or on-center work based learning.
- Promote career preparation, career development, and career transition with students on a daily basis. As well as help students with setting career goals.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Must obtain SERV safe certification within 90 days of employment. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management
- Food Services
- Storage (Warehousing)